1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Halo 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Andrew_A_Paul, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Is the release date for this OFFICIAL Fall '04 (as in i've heard September)? Or are these just rumors going around by those wishfull thinkers and unreliable sources?

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

from Bungie.net, the official Bungie website:

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

4. But a lot of stuff that is heard, which may be true or not, is leaked from the company and was not supposed to be let out. The stuff that is true can come from a leak and was never meant to be released to the public. Don't believe everything you hear, but don't just dismiss it.

5. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I stand by my original realease prediction:

11/9/04

As late as Bungie can push it out and still make a killing for Xmas and Thanksgiving weekend. Bungie will perfect a game until they are FORCED to release it, and that's about as long as Microsoft would wait (IMHO.)

6. I have no problem with a late launch of the game, the longer (at least logically) means a better game. But as long as that IS the whole point in waiting is to make the game better and as close to perfect the better. But if Bungie is waiting just to fill their wallet, well I got something in my front pocket for 'em.

7. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

As BrianB said previously Bungie has been adamant on not giving a date (it will be done when the feel its done):

However that said Amazon is taking preorders now with a Sept. 04 release date listed.

cheers,

Zoran

8. Thats another way. Bungie doesn't have to say anything. I know people that will call a dozen stores about a release date, if they all say the same date its probably safe to say when it will launch

9. Scott Littlefield

Scott Littlefield Stunt Coordinator

That means Duke Nukem Forever is really going to rock!

10. Too bad the same logic doesn't hold true for the Star Wars Episodes[​IMG]

11. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

now thats funny!

Lets not forget about half life 2 either

12. Scott L

Scott L Producer

13. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Am I good or what?

14. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

15. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

The team XBOX link has the best videos of the bunch listed so far. And all I gotta say about this game is GREAT MOOGILY OOGILY!!!!

As if my anticipation of this game couldnt get any higher, these new videos and articles are making the wait unbearable to say the least. This game is going to kick so much ass, and I think everyone knows it.

And for November 9 being the offical date, why not make it Nov 15th for the three year anniversary of the first game? I dont wanna wait six extra days, but historically speaking, it would make more sense.

16. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

It was just announced that Halo 2 will be out on November 9th. It doesn't surprise me as I knew they would release it in november to get people to resubscribe to xbox live. There is also news that of a Limited Edition Halo 2 that comes in a metal case with extras which will include the following when you pre-order the game.

* Behind the Scenes Video: the Making of Halo 2

* Making the Game: Six Video Featurette

* Visualizing the Story (Concept Art, Early Level Design, From Script to Game, Narrated Storyboards, Character Tests)

* Bonus Materials (Trailers from Halo 1 and 2, Cut Scenes, Commentaries, Inside Bungie, A Bungie

-Mike

17. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

Yep.. and there is some killer teaser footage of the multiplayer linked to in the other Halo 2 thread... OMG.. I can't freaking wait. [​IMG]

18. Jonathan Carter

Jonathan Carter Supporting Actor

I must be the only person in the world who thought Halo was pretty mediocre. I've played it on the Xbox and the PC and I was underwhelmed on both systems, especially on the PC where I'd been playing better FPS for the past 4 years.

I loved the initial art design and level design but once it turned into an endless world of the same looking corridors it started getting very average. Halo 2 does look to be a little better in this regard though. Hopefully it will be.

19. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    this game is going to be amazing in all regards,Multiplayer especially. I drool at the thought of playing this game on X-Box Live.

20. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Merging with existing H2 thread. That footage is amazing.