What's new

Group Play Ghost Recon Wed Night (1 Viewer)

Howie A

Second Unit
I will be on before 10 also. Say like 8:30 - 9ish.
The thing is, I rented Jedi Knight outcast II
and I wanted to get some good time in with that
but how can I pass up GR night....
Plus, I want to watch the DC show too at 10:30.
That guy is FUNNY!!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Ok guys I'm on as we speak. If someone is starting up a game, send me an invite. I should be on until 10:30, and then i'll be back after Chapelle's show(though I may just catch the rerun of chapelle's show later in the week)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'll be honest, I really didn't enjoy that Cat and Mouse game. To me the whole appeal of a squad based shooter is in team play. Cat and Mouse took most aspects of this away. If I wanted to run around fragging people I'd have bought Unreal Championship. I guess my question is do you guys usually play team games or is it more like tonight? If it's more like tonight I can't see myself playing GR online much. I just don't enjoy the solo stuff in a game like this. Also, a side question. To talk, I realize I use the white button. Do i simply hold it while speaking then release it? I didn't have anything to say tonight and I wasn't even sure how to if I did.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Dave,

I didn't make it on tonight but all the other times I've played it's been team games. I'm not a big fan of the GR solo game types either.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I played for a bit and got really sick of the Cat and Mouse thing and after Chapelle's show I decided to watch Futurama so I never jumped back on. Hopefully we can get a good team game going at some point in the not too distant future.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I was disappointed to go online and only see two or three of us playing Cat and Mouse - that has to be the worst part of GR, IMO. Can anybody make it tonight?

Bryan

Howie A

Second Unit
Hey Dave,
It was I that sent you the invite.
I am glad you joined. I did not see many people on from the HTF last night (while I was on anyway)... For some reason or other it would not let me invite some of the names that were on, I am not sure why though. That was a first for me also, with the cat and mouse thing. My friend Augie released it and we thought we could give it a shot. If you were not enjoying yourself with that game type you should have mentioned it. I am sure he would have considered changing it. Especially if most others felt the same way.. You would have got my vote. I like more or less the team play with less then infinite lives.

As far as talking goes it is the white button for as long as you are talking think of it as a walkie talkie sort of thing.

One last thing...
That was not the usual crowd on last night so dont judge it from those games.. I cant say enough about playing GR with this group it makes the LIVE experience so much better to play with people you get to know. As I am sure you will find out soon enough.
Thanks again for joining and hope to see you soon.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Unfortunately I got nabbed by my cousin's birthday last night. I'll be on tonight for MechAssault but I'm down for GR as well.

Howie A

Second Unit
Hey union,
I think we all know you were really
watching the Bachelorette
;)
Don't worry though it will be our little secret.

JayV

Supporting Actor
I intend to jump on tonight, Bryan. And good game the other night.

Dave, apparently it's bad etiquette (netiquette? xetiquette?) to ask a host to change a game setting, but I have never heard of an HTF host having a problem with polite requests.

You have to hold your white button down while you are speaking. If you think you aren't being heard, try saying your tag and "radio check." See if anyone replies.

-j

Howie A

Second Unit
Hey Dave,
Here is one other tip that I think would help any of us.

If you see a guy named MRJAMES join and he happens to end up on the opposing team.. GET DOWN AND STAY DOWN!!! :laugh:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That's a top notch tip on MrJames... I've got a similiar tip. If you see a guy named Bairdy on your team, get down & stay down if you want to avoid friendly fire!! :)

Dave, apparently it's bad etiquette (netiquette? xetiquette?) to ask a host to change a game setting
Never heard that myself. I think it's all down to the host & how you ask. Certainly in HTF games, noone's had a problem with suggestions, though I'm sure it's different in "regular" games.

Personally, solo GR is an utter waste of time. It's all about the teamplay for me - that's what I bought it for, that's what I play. Doing deathmatch in the GR "world" is an utter waste of time. Go play Unreal or Mech Assault instead...

I'll try to get online tonight (around 10pm EST) but it depends on whether my wife wants to hog the TV for ER...

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Can someone explain Cat and Mouse?

There are some interesting modes out there. They have their good points and bad points. Sometimes Deathmatch can be fun to me, but mostly I stick to siege or last man standing. Hamburger Hill is pretty good too. I played one with hostages but all the other guys on the team did the work :laugh:

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I was on tonight but I didn't see any HTF players on. Although I kept getting invites that turned out to be for Mech Assault(a game I don't have). I wish they would make it clear as to if an invite was for the current game or a different one. Oh well, I did do some team play with some random folks and enjoyed it so I'm sure playing with the HTF crew will be really good.
I wonder I should try to borrow Mech Assault from my buddy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks