What's new

Directors Great Guys: The Draft (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm going to assume Jim is skipped. In any case, he's not likely to pick this guy, so I'm going ahead and posting now...

Giovanni Ribisi

What can I say? I'm a sucker for stoner eyes. :D

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Good call,Rain.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Giovanni's so cool, I loved him in Tom Tykwer's Heaven and The Gift, I just wish he weren't a $cientologist, it makes me sad to know he buys into Xenu. I believe he was born into it though, as was Lisa Marie Presley and Juliette Lewis, so those unfortunates really never had a chance. They were brainwashed from the womb.

SteveGon chose Krzysztof Kieslowski earlier.

Up next: JenB

On deck:

Elizabeth S
Vickie_M

Can choose anytime: Jim_K

Elizabeth, have you looked at my Wonderful Women Draft? I notice you didn't take part in the other two Female Drafts. I could use you. (Jen, sorry, you were in the first one).

I'm looking for people who didn't get in on the others. Anyone else?

JenB

Screenwriter
Ack-Did not realize I was up already and just got back in a few minutes ago-Sorry.

After much careful thought among many possible candidates, I pick the hunky, charming, funny, and charismatic: Kevin Smith, who played Ares, the God of War on both Hercules and Xena as well as Valdemar in the recent Science Fiction Channel movie adaptation of Riverworld. Sadly, he died from an accident on the set of a movie he filmed last fall. His follow-up to that movie would have been a co-starring role with Bruce Willis that could have made him a big movie star in the states. Sadly, we will never know what could have been for this fun and entertaining actor.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Someone catch me up...
have most of us had our last turn already?

Cant remember how many picks
we would get....???

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
If Elizabeth wants my spot in the Wonderful Women draft, she is welcome to it. I'd rather it went to someone who didn't get to be in the Dream Girls draft.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Edward Burns

Has balanced his writer/director/actor duties with actor-for-hire projects (with some questionable choices). If he could continue to expand the milieu of his personal projects, I think he has an amazing future.

Chuck, thank you, but I declined from participating in the Women's Draft.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
We're still waiting for a pick from Jim_K, otherwise, I'm the last to go.

Does anyone want to go any further, or shall we just end it?

I'll be back in a few minutes with my 12th Round pick. I'm going to see a couple of movies tonight and won't be back until well after midnight.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I think 12 is fine. As slowly as the last couple of rounds have went, I think some people have lost interest.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yah, 12 is good. I'm just about out of ideas for draft picks now.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Ok, 12 it is. With all due apologies for the dial-up people, here are a few faces of my last pick. He changed my life, and while my fandom has become a touch faded (and I may never completely forgive him for "Sledgehammer," "Big Time" and "Steam") he'll always be a part of my life.

Peter Gabriel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks