What's new

Gosh, try to educate another forum and get crapped on... (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Gawdammit, im so pissed off...
So my friend made this forum for the teenagers in my area, and all the people there are like your average teenagers talking about stuff.. So i thought 'hey, why not write a review and educate some of these people'...
So I go, write a review of Star Wars: Episode 1, talking about what makes the video good or bad, what makes the audio good or bad, i might've gotten too deep into it, but still, thats not the point. So i post my review:
i mean there are some systems out there that could be watching a vhs of mr.bean and that would be kicking the butt out of ur system when you watch a matrix dvd
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I just want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
NickSo, I hope you have learned the error of you ways... "You shall have no other Home Theater Forums before HTF". :laugh:
/Mike

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One of the posters does have a point. There weren't any frickin' wookies in it. I'll have to remember that the next time a thread debating the merits of the film pops up in Movies. :)
Seriously though - Nice review, but there's really no point in wasting your time, given the responses you received. Better to spend quality time at the HTF.
- Walter.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
yeah your review can't stand up to the fact that the movie sucked butt

bad acting

bad effects

bad script

no wookies

in short a crapy vhs of mr. bean goes to hollywood is better than that movie

wanna argue otherwise?
Man. Sorry Nick, but I think I agree with this guy on all points. I can't believe he didn't mention Jar Jar though. By the way, where were wookies? Nevermind, I won't be watching this again to play "Where's Wookie Waldo".

But don't get discouraged Nick, you just keep on keepin on. While Ep.I may blow, you rock. Rock on...

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
One of the posters does have a point. There weren't any frickin' wookies in it.
I still believe no wookies is one of the great qualities about the movie ... Oh well if you must have a flaming copper person ... might as well have a hairy feeble attempt at Big Foot too ...

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Ben;

Whether or not you agree with that poster regarding The Phantom Menace isn't the point. The fact is, the reply was rude and offered no qualifications for the views expressed within. In fact, it didn't even have anything to do with Nick's post, which was a review of the DVD itself and not the film. With such brain dead replies, I can understand why Nick is so upset. What a bunch of buttheads!

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Nick,

Don't give up, and (not that I am accusing)I'd refrain from name-calling and pointless arguing unless it pertains directly to your review of the quality of the disc. I too agree that the film wasn't that great, but that wasn't the point of your review.

PS: If you remember, there were hundreds of TPM threads on the HTF with similar mindless comments: "that sucky movie, that sucked so bad, where are the first three Lucas!!"

These were comments in the street date announcement!

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Damn, I was so distracted by JarJar that I completely missed the Wookies. (BTW, is "Wookies" spelled with a capital "W"?) Hmm, I don't think it is worth it to sit through the entire film just to catch a few seconds of "fur balls" in the Senate!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
When you put your views out for public consumption, it's a given that some members of your audience will be ill-mannered morons. Goes with the territory.

M.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
i mean there are some systems out there that could be watching a vhs of mr.bean and that would be kicking the butt out of ur system when you watch a matrix dvd
Dang man, I get that all the time...

Especially from people with Shelf Sytems's...

GRRR!

I hate shelf systems.

Let then all go back home and watch a movie in P&S on their parent's 10 year old VCR, and sony crap-in-a-box shelf systems!

God bless you Nick!

Nathan

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Holodem--
I wasn't talking about HTIB's (I'd get berated for giving my opinion on them :) )
I was just mentioning regular 2 channel, kiddie system..
You know with the "Mega Bass Ports" and all that other voodoo stuff..
Nathan

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the Web. People have posted like that as long as I've been online. (my first bbs' were for pencil and paper RPG's, and basic programming for the C64 back in the early-mid 80's) Eventually you develop an internal filter that skips over most of the b.s.

They post that kinda garbage to get you riled up. Something about having a keyboard and screen between themselves and the folks they're conversing with disables all civility in some people.

The only hope is that a board has decent moderation, and/or a small membership. HTF has always been pretty good about that, though the strain of high membership numbers has become more apparent in recent months.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
The problem is Nick is very mature and well mannered for his age. The other little shits are, well, little shits. What do you expect? Those responses are typical teenage behavior and is why mature teenagers, such as Nick, often have a hard time with being a teenager. Everybody expects him to be a little shit, too, and he has to prove himself to everyone over the age of 20.

Don't sweat it, Nick. Hang out here with us old guys. We respect you and your reviews. Let the little shits bicker and argue and call each other names; it's what they do best. By the time they're 30, if they're lucky they'll have the maturity and level of intelligence you have now. Until then, revel in the fact that you can function as an adult in society now - and stand much to gain for it.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Good point Ryan. Not like anyone doesn't already know this but many many forums on the net have the intelligence level of what you expierenced. At least in its defence it WAS made for teenagers so its really not surprising. Many "adult" forums(its not what your thinking) are probably worse. Just enjoy the HTF because it doesn't get any better than this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks