What's new

Gosh, try to educate another forum and get crapped on... (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
With all due respect, Nick, I have to ask — why did you post that review? You say that the message board was for the "average teenagers" in your area, but you don't see a problem writing a review that uses terms like "10 Hz frequencies," "2.35:1 aspect ratio," and "digital edge enhancement." You don't offer any explanation of the terms, you just throw them out there. YOU know what they mean, and I know what they mean, and most of the HTF regulars know what they mean, but your "average teenager" most certainly does NOT know what they mean!

You're not stupid. I know you didn't expect any "average teenager" to understand what the heck you were talking about. It would be at home here on the HTF, but talk like that to your average Joe and your review is really permeated with a self-righteous attitude. Did you really want to "educate" these folks? Or did you just want to show them how much more you know than them?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I wrote the review to show how the DVD was, as well as to bring up questions from them, try to ease them into DVD and stuff out of their own interest, instead of just to write up why dvd is so good and everything... I thought if i wrote some of those, they would ask what they meant, then they'd learn about it...

Like i said before, I may have gone too deep into the subject, that may have been a mistake...

I mean, look what they thought about VHS...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
NickSo,

Never try and explain anything to 14-year-old boys whose idea of a brilliant comedian contains the names "Adam" or "Sandler."

Sam,

Boy bands are from the darkest depths of hell, not Venus.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
NickSo
You have to take the bad with the good.
The BAD These kids will be 18 soon and be able to vote (thanks to my generation) The Good There are really quite a few out there like Nick who can make an intelligent decision.
The GOOD Most of these kids won't bother. I won't go into who I think they would vote for as it would get me tossed.

E

Eric Kahn

now I know why my Chorus II's had so much problem when I watched the pod race at a higher volume, 10 cycles!!!!, I do not think they were designed for that

I do not have a sub hooked up with them, the little yamaha I have owned for years won't do 10 cycles either

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I think the problem is quite clear. The HTF is a very unique environment. Checkout some of the threads here where people get really upset about "thread crapping". On most other forums, the practice is so normal that no one even notices. Check out some of the car forums where you will see such wonderfully argued points of view such as

dood hondas suck balz
I would say that while the artistic merits of TPM will always be a touchy subject, the problems you would face trying to present any type of actual argument for or against it will only be exacerbated on less structured forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks