What's new

Good RPGs for Xbox (1 Viewer)

I've had an Xbox ever since they came out. Does anybody know any really good RPGs for the Xbox?? There's 2 that I know of so far, Morrowind (which I own and am currently trying to get rid of) and I know of Knights of the Old Republic, which hopefully I am going to go rent or buy soon.... Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

James T

Screenwriter
You may want to check out Philip T's thread as there are some RPG games there.

I haven't tried Riddick, but people seems to like it. And if you're a Star Wars fan or a RPG fan, buy Knights of the Old Republic. If you rent it, you'll just waste your money as you'll end up buying it almost immediately after. It's the best RPG game I've ever played.

Also, you may want to check out Deus Ex(but as a rental). It's a hit or miss with most people. The controls are a bit clunky and the game suffers a few slowdowns, but the story is pretty interesting. The downside is that it's a sequel, so knowledge of the events in the first part a big plus.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Sudeki looked promising but has been getting ho-hum reviews. Nevertheless may be worth a rent to see if it's up your alley. Strap in for Jade Empire and KOTOR 2 coming later this year/early next (if I recall) as these look like they will be great RPG titles. Also, note that there was a re-release of Morrowind as a "Game of the Year" edition - not sure if that's the same copy you're trying to unload or how much (if any) extra content are included but you might want to explore further.

The re-release of Morrowind's Game of the Year was the same game but it combined all of the expansion packs. I have the original Morrowind. Well, I just got finished playing Sudeki...I wouldn't have labeled it an "RPG" per say; it was more restricting than I thought it was... I didn't beat the game, but over the course of three long days, one could come very close to beating it. On the scale of a 5, I'd rate Sudeki at about 2.5-3 (give or take)... I've been trying to rent KOTOR, but no such luck..somebody always has it checked out... I'll probably wind up buying it (sooner or later). Can't wait for Fable, KOTOR 2, and some of the others! ;)

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I tried sudeki from the demo and didnt care for it...it seems to me the only good rpg for xbox right now is kotor.morrowind could have been good but the combat was horrible..hopefully fable will be ...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I actually had a hard time playing Morrowind on the Xbox, but had a great time playing it on PC. KOTOR is one of the best RPGs ever though (not just for xbox), and it's one that you really need to buy. Not only is it a pretty long game, but you'll need to play through twice to get the full experience.

As for upcoming stuff, Fable looks good, and KOTOR2 should be even better than the first if what I've heard about being able to steer your whole party to evil is true.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had a hard time playing Morrowind on the Xbox... Somehow it just didn't flow right...Sudeki was like an RPG-Wanna be (I don't mean to offend any one who likes this game), but that's just my opinion...Fable looks to be promising, and I hope that KOTOR 2 is as good or better than it predecessor... Thanks, guys, you have been most helpful... ;) :D ;)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
KOTOR is a damn good RPG, especially in two ways. One, combat LOOKS real-time even though it is turn-based. Fun. Second, the choices you make really strongly affect how the storyline will flow and there are all sorts of variations it can take, including major characters dying and whatnot.

Also the killer robot is one of the best characters in recent video games. A real classic and very funny. Like C3P0 meets Riddick.

I'll see if my dad will run by there and pick it up for me...I don't think he will with school starting Friday... but thanks again for the info...!! :frowning: ;)

I'll see if my dad will run by there and pick it up for me...I don't think he will with school starting Friday... but thanks again for the info...!! :frowning: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks