XBOX single player racer recommendations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave Mark, Jun 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Dave Mark

Dave Mark Stunt Coordinator

What do people recommend for a good single-player racer? I don't have Live and play almost 100% of the time by myself. I got MX 2002 but the physics of the game are aweful. Have thought about Quantum Redshift, Moto GP 1 0r 2, Burnout 2, Midnight Club II when available, etc. but wanted some opinions before I plunked out the cash to rent or purchase.

I currently have Halo, Splinter Cell, NCAA Football 2003, NBA 2K2, Brute Force, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Max Payne, and MX 2002. Am interested in other opinions about excellent single-player games that are fairly easy to pick-up, addictive, and make me want to play them several times through (no RPGs please).

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

Try Rallisport Challenge. It's only $20.

3. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

Out of the games you mentioned, Burnout 2 all the way. You can't go wrong with any on your list, but Burnout 2 has a ton of replay value.

4. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

project gotham racing gets my full endorsment...one of my fav. racers ever.(it's so different from the other start to finish racers).

5. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    The only 3 racing games I have played on Xbox are Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing and Nascar Thunder 2003, and I would recommend all 3.

6. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Rallisport, Burnout 2, Midnight Club II, and Quantum Redshift are all good racers. MotoGP 1 & 2 are two of the best racing games on any system, but they aren't easy to pick up. The satisfaction when you learn your timing and master the controls is second to none, however.

7. EdR

EdR Second Unit

If you're into realistic rally games, check out Colin McRae 3 - IMO better than RalliSport.

MotoGP 2 is a hell of a lot of fun too.

8. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

It's the only xbox racing game I've played by Project Gotham Racing is extremely fun and very challenging. The physics seem quite realistic, too (though I'm no expert).

Also, it's really cheap (under $20 most places). [​IMG]

9. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Burnout 2 is some serious fun. It's not realistic, more of an arcade racer, but easy to pick up, with lots of replay value.

I'm also enjoying Moto GP 2 right now, which is more realistic, but lots of fun, and will take some time to master. Xbox Live support is great as well.

Quantum Redshift I picked up for like 15 dollars. It's a good racer. Not as good as the Wipeout series IMO, but good fun nonetheless. Great graphics and great sense of speed, especially on higher levels.

10. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

MotoGP 2 is one of my favorite racers of all time [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Joel Hurley

Joel Hurley Stunt Coordinator

-I'd say for just pick up and play fun it'd be Burnout 2. Plus when you don't feel like racing you can always just switch to crash mode and cause some sweet multi-vehicle pile-ups and work out all the stess of your work or school day. [​IMG]

-If you are looking for a less arcade game Rallisport Challenge is great. I love the graphics and I love the powerslides. Though I have to say I am progressing slower than I'd like. I also find myself watching the replays alot just to take in the beauty of the game and the turns I pull off.

-And MotoGP is great in much the same way as Rallisport, just on motorcycles. And I love the little touches like pushing forward on the control stick makes your racer hug the bike allowing you to go just a bit faster, and being able to burn a wheelie down a long straightaway is quite satifying.

-I'm looking to purchase either Midtown Madness 3 or Midnight Club in the coming days as they should provide great online racing experiences. So, if you do end up getting Live someday you'd do well to check those games out along with either of the MotoGP's.

-And if you're like me, picking up the Madcatz Steering wheel is a worthy investment. In just under a month I've gotten a whole lot of fun out of it with Rallisport and Burnout2. And my girlfriend has finally found something she enjoys on the Xbox as she loves playing the BO2 Crash mode using the wheel. We'll go back and forth trying to beat each others scores for a couple of hours at a time.