What's new

Good news for YES Sports Channel fans... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just heard a radio report that some government agency in NJ just approved a bill that could force Cablevision to put the network on it's systems in NJ only.

Frankly I could care less either way. Only reason I'm a Cablevision customer is because no other companies are allowed in the area other than satellite.

But I know there are fans who wouldn't mind hearing this news :).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Neil, is "YES" an acronym for something related to what you're mentioning? I was set to move this to the Music area, but was a bit thrown off by the post.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
YES is the Yankee's sports network. For some reason people around New York think the whole country gets it. ;)

My gut reaction was to reply that I really think the earlier Genesis (with Peter Gabriel) is much better than 'YES'. ;)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Whoops, sorry. Forgot Acronyms arn't really encouraged around here :).

But yeah, in this case YES = Yankees Network :).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
More importantly. Has anyone heard if Yes Network is ever going to be on Dish Network?? Are they even negotiating.

Thanks!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
YES!!! It'd be great if Dish adds YES to their offering, especially their minimum package that offers HD service. I don't really need a 100+ channels worth of crap. :D

No, I don't know their current status although when I did a google search about a month ago I found a letter on Dish's website(?) dating back to Spring 2002. The letter seemed to suggest that YES network might be playing favorites and is not willing to give Dish the same deal as other carriers/providers. Do a search and see for yourself.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks