What's new

Good Family/Party games (1 Viewer)

EdR

Second Unit
I'm going to take my projector along with me for Christmas when my family gets together. I'd like to find a game or two that everyone might like. I'm thinking about Monopoly Party, does anyone here have that?

Any other recommendations would be welcome. I have the 3 'main' consoles, so I'm open to games on any of them.

Thanks!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
You HAVE to get Super Monkey Ball!! (1 or 2 although 2 is better!) It's a blast and is out for the GC, not sure about the other platforms?
My wife and her brother played it with me this weekend, it was so much fun! We couldn't stop laughing and the competition was fierce. :)

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
In no particular order:
Mario Party 4
Whacked
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Godzilla DAMM
There are quite a few others, but those are the most 'family-friendly' (i.e. no fps' like TimeSplitters 2, Halo, etc).
As for Monopoly, I don't have it, but a friend of mine raves about it.
Hope that helps a little.
Edit: cool sketch of Thor vs. Surtur :D

EdR

Second Unit
Thanks for the ideas, I'll look into them.

Super Monkey Ball is definitely on the list. I have both and love 'em.

I'm hoping to find a game where you don't need M4D 5K1LLZ with the controller to do well, so that even my mom could play, which is why Monopoly looks like a good bet.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Try Bomberman: Generations for the Cube as well. You generally cannot go wrong with a Bomberman game for multiplayer mayhem. I have yet to play it, but all indications are that it is dead on like the old PSX/SNES versions, which means they're simple to pick up and play and good good fun :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Monopoly Party is a very good implementation of the board game, Ed. It's pretty, it's well presented, it's got lots of animation & suitable sound effects. The interface is straightforward for the regular game, though the submenus for trading/buying property take a little bit of getting used to.

The "party" aspect works really well on a big screen - each player gets a corner of the screen & plays their game in real time (more or less) with all players pausing at the end of each turn to 'sync' the games back up. That make sense?

EdR

Second Unit
Thanks Brian, that pretty much settles Monopoly...sounds exactly like what I was looking for.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Although this is for video games, I need to go OT for just a sec:
Go out and get the Acquire boardgame, available in most TRUs or game stores. This is the best main stream boardgame since Monolpoly, only it beats the pants off Monopoly. You all play venture capitalists who build and absorb each others corporations, it is truly a joy to play with your family. Unlike Monolpoly, you never lose money and everyone is in until the end, no one gets left out. Takes about 1-2 hours to play a full game. If you ever play boardgames with your family, get this game now!
OK, back to videogames. Monkeyball is darn fun ;)

Ok - don't laugh, but there's a new MaryKate and Ashley Olsen Party game out for PS2 and gamecube (Sweet 16)! It's very family friendly and even enjoyable... and I don't mention this only because I was a programmer on it...well, ok, maybe that is the only reason I mentioned it... but it does fit the bill !

JamesL

Agent
I was thinking of picking up monopoly party as well... not that it is a requirement but does anybody know if the xbox or gc version is 480P compatible.

It just helps out on the big screen!

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for Bomberman. I have played the Gamecube version, and it is very much like SBII for SNES. Easy to learn too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks