What's new

Golden Globes 2005 Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Agree with Tim on the SITH score. Some amazing work from Williams, and it really helps build suspense and sadness into the latter half of the film. Amazing that he was able to innovate (once again) even though he was working on his SIXTH star wars film.

Heck, I think he should get nominated on the strength of ANAKIN'S BETRAYAL and THE IMMOLATION all by themselves. Some truly dark, tragic stuff there.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I also really like the BATMAN BEGINS score, which has grown on me the more I've listened to it. Another one with a unique sound and a significant contribution to the tone the director was trying to set with the movie.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
As do I. The ROTS score was actually pretty complex, but to be fair, I doubt the HFPA gives this much thought at all. I still consider ROTS the best score of the year among the paltry films I've seen.

And I liked BB quite a bit, but it wasn't really deserving of any attention on the awards side. I do think ROTS was.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Joan Allen should have received at Nod. I'm happy for BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, it now appears to be the one to beat at the Oscars.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just a reminder that the show airs this MONDAY night, January 16, 8PM on NBC.

Wonder why they moved it to Monday night as opposed to Saturday as usual?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Saturday? I've never watched a Golden Globe ceremony on a Saturday. When I've seen it, it was always the day before the work week, either Sunday or Monday.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think the SAG awards have been on Saturdays before, possibly even the Globes.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
NBC isn't doing so well in the ratings, so maybe that's why it's on a Monday this year instead of on Sunday.

~T

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It's because this Monday is the day before the work week for most people. On any other week, it would've been a Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks