What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 6 Thread (2 Viewers)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
All that angst can't be good for Rory and Luke's respective digestion.

Zack is just a boy, isn't he?

And Luke is Luke and will ultimately want to do right by his daughter. He just doesn't know how yet.

And apparently no new show until January 10th!!!

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator

Seriously? Oh well, I think that's actually better than the last couple of years, which I believe have had 2 full months between new episodes during the x-mas break. Why don't the Palladinos want to do Christmas episodes? I think they're fun.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
That's a long time to wait for new episode. I'm gonna be sad until then. I might have to record the repeats off of ABC Family just to get my "Gilmore Girls" fix.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh yeah, loved Michele's joy at seeing Rory and resulting awkward/sweet moment. I had to play that one back a couple of times.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I think I'm getting Season 1 and 2 for Xmas. I think my mom picked them up for me when they were on sale at Target last month.

At least, I hope she did. I left enough hints for her. I'll be pissed if she didn't since I could of picked them up for myself at that price!!! I'll let you know.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/10/06

Hey, new episode.

Lorelai has an amazing day of putting together her wedding. It was too perfect.

I couldn't stop laughing at Rory's breakdown in her psychologist's office. Oh damn, that was good stuff.

It was good to see Lane's mom treat her like an adult with the sit-down.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lane moved back in with her mom and was seriously crabby. She made her mom look nice!

I don't yell at the TV often, but in the last moment I couldn't help yelling, "Tell her you spineless piece of shit!"

But of course we need the drama of Lorelai finding out on her own. Ugh.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yeah, scriptwriters. :frowning: They won’t play it this way, but Luke is entitled to a break because

(a) He’s just found out about it and still trying to come to grips with it himself. What’s it been a couple of episodes, which is what, maybe a week or so in “real time?”

(b) We all know he would have done the right thing and told her pretty soon anyway – we’re talking days, not weeks or months.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I was cracking up at each subsequent cut when Rory would be holding more and more kleenex tissue in her hand during her breakdown.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, Mrs. Kim said Lane had been grieving for six weeks so they've been following the real world calendar, more or less.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hmm, good point...

Doesn’t full compute, though. I mean, would Lorelai have waited six weeks to start working on her wedding?! No way.

I guess sometimes the writers can’t adequately track the “time-space continuum.”

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
A couple technical things about the episode.

Did anyone notice at the beginning, when Rory drives away, they cut to the car driving away and it is quite clearly a man driving the car? It looked odd in real time, so I Tivoed it back in slo mo, and it was a guy, in short sleeves (Rory had a sweater), with a big gold watch on the side of the car by the window.

And again, like a couple episodes ago, the shot reverse shot cutaways seem to be off. The characters aren't looking in the right direction, the edits don't match. They just look don't look right. The medium shots are fine, but the close ups are way off.

The episode was good, as usual, but whoever is directing or editing the recent episodes isn't doing a very good job.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob

It seemed like they filmed (or re-filmed) parts of that scene against a green screen. The audio was noticeably different too.

Rob

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

YES! I thought that too. But, they use that set so often I figued they would never have to do a green screen shot.

Something is going on, production wise, that is really hurting the show. I just finished rewatching the first two seasons on DVD and they never had problems like this.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I totally agree!!! Give the poor guy a break...and some time to digust this HUGE piece of news, geez. I know when you are in a relationship you shouldn't keep secrets but I also believe that as an individual he has the right to keep somethings to himself if he chooses to do so.

Plus, Lorelai has no room to talk after not telling Luke about Chris last season. What's good for the goose...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks