What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I literally laughed out loud on that one. There was another one I liked too but I can't remember what it was now...it wasn't the "foundation" one. It was something else. Maybe something he said during that scene in the diner? Hmmm...

Good episode last night. I can't wait to see the next new one!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/8/05

Whoa, now that was a slew of verbal fireworks tonight. Logan looked demonic delivering his angry lines of dialogue. Jess wasn't too irritating, seemed like his character finally found a home in Philly. Loved Rory standing up to Emily. Having Lorelai reliving the parallels of her failing Paul Anka and thus Rory, brought her pain to the surface finally.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Well, they finally did it, Gilmore Girls made me tear up, during Lorelai's break down in Rory's room over Paul Anka (and Rory too)...

Loved Jess tonight, possibly for the first time ever. Glad to see he's pulled himself together and started making a life for himself. And hated Logan, possibly for the first time in quite awhile...I actually wanted to reach into my T.V and slap him one.

The soccer team stuff was great, especially when Lorelai/Luke were all freaked out by how dirty the girls played...too funny.

Loved the Emily/Rory confrontation...good stuff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've never liked Logan, finally his a-hole-ness was on display (can't quite muster a lot of sympathy of him being shoe-horned into his family's publishing empire).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hell, that happened to me ages ago :b That scene could have been really bad in less capable hands (acting and writing).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, and Rory is probably the worst person to whine to about the woes of privilege considering what her mother chose to do and sacrificed.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
This show continues to pound on all cylinders. They have done a good job of keeping Rori and Lorali apart without making it ridiculous.
This show must have at least twice as many words per episode than most other 1 hour shows.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Yes, Logan was a complete ass but in a way it showed he really cared for Rory. You don't get that jealous over someone you don't really care about. But, like I said, he was being a complete ass and Rory was right to call him out on it.

I can't for next week's episode!!! I hope when Rory and Lorelai reunite Paul Anka will get better. That was totally breaking my heart. He is a cute little dog.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Whoa, quite the curveball the writers have thrown at us. Jess acting like less of a dick than he ever has and Logan acting like more of a dick than he ever has. Still felt a little contrived to me.

The scenes with Rory and Jess and Rory's smackdown of Emily (soooo long in coming) were worthwhile, but the rest of this episode was completely disposable.

Rob

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Aw, come on - Luke horrified at little girls playing soccer like maniacs (he should be thankful that he didn't sponsor a field hockey team) is GOLD! And you just know that the scene in Rory's room with Lorelei and Luke is going to be sent to the Emmy judges who for some reason haven't seen fit to give Lauren Graham even a lousy nomination yet.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob

As usual, Lauren knocked it out of the park in that scene. I just wish her incredible talents were supported by better material. I've also come to accept that the Academy will never see fit to grant her an Emmy nom, no matter how much she deserves it.

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/15/05

So the plot thickens...

Rory moved out. Emily's an emotional mess after suffering through the rebukes from her "daughters" a generation apart. Luke and Lorelai have to work on those communication skills. Luke is flabberghasted by a romp in the sack from 12 years ago. Rory's persistence pays off with a job at the Gazette, and she's back in school (though how that works, who knows, she's got to be really behind in her classes by now).

Loved it when Lorelai referenced Valerie Cherish "I didn't need to see that" with hand gestures and all.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Okay, as much as I have ranted about Emily being a royal bitch I somehow can't help but feel sorry for her when that exterior of her's is cracked. Though part of me is also celebrating because I know it helps her grow :).

I got all misty when Rory and Lorelai reunited. L's angst waiting to hear from her was great too and how it was set up with her knowing about all the things leading up to that moment.

Best LOL:

Luke: Close your eyes...
Lorelai: Oh, Luke, I'm not afraid of it anymore!

And Luke's 12-year old is cute. I was kind of skeptical when she showed up with the Vader gear, but she won me over at the science fair. I really don't see Lorelai having an issue with it, but as we've already seen there's a lot of assuming that goes on in their relationship sometimes.

Christopher needs to buzz off.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I would point out that introducing a daughter Luke didn't know about it is classic shark-jumping material, but to me this show jumped the shark a few years ago when the Palladino's decided to put Luke and Lorelai together overlooking the fact that the two actors have zero romantic chemistry together.

Rob

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I wanted them to hook up from the very first episode.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

ME TOO!!! If they don't stay together I will be very, very, very disppointed in the writers of this show!!!! And I think they have TONS of chemistry on screen.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the writers want them together too, they just don't want it to be a smooth ride :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/22/05

Good grief, the first 45 minutes of this episode was just classic Gilmore Girls. I was rolling from the snappy reparte and re-connecting between Rory and Lorelai. Even Lane and the band's dialogue was spot-on and fun.

Then we got to the dramatic stuff with Zack's melt-down, Luke's dilemna on when to tell Lorelai about his daughter, Rory finds out that she's become an ex-girlfriend from her now ex-boyfriend's sister, no less.

Nonetheless, a really good episode featuring some really strong writing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From EW, Sebastian Bach tore up some knee ligaments in his stage brawl with Zack.

And guess who will be playing the mother of Luke's daughter? She's actually been on Gilmore Girls, but as another character:

Sherilyn Fenn has been cast of Luke's daughter's mother, she was previously the step-mom of Jess when it was looking like "The Mariano Men" was going be spun off as a new show.

BTW, Luke's hair plugs were looking pretty full in this last episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks