What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Gilmore Girls Season 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, that was pretty awesome. When the handheld stuff started I thought, "What do they think this is? Normandy Beach?" and it turns out it was :)

Personally, I would have let the paper crumble around Paris's feet, but I suppose that's rather short-sighted and selfish.

And I dislike the fact Logan and Rory are back together. Ugh.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Did anyone else notice what looked like green tape on Lorelai and Sookie when they were at the flower shop? It was on Lorelai’s lapel, and on Sookie’s scarf. Wonder what was up with that?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Wow, a completely new technique on this show in those last few minutes with all the jump-cutting. I wasn't expecting it and was temporarily thrown off, but thought it was brilliant.

"Spit spot, alert the Corgis." :)

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe how much plot/recap ground they covered in those last 5 minutes (once they get to the hand-held dinner sequence) getting all 4 Gilmores caught up with the other's exploits in supporting one another unbeknownst to each other. I mean, how many reams of dialogue were written just for those scenes alone?

Peter T.

Grip
Wow, this episode was really great. I can't remember the last GG-Episode that was this good. The scrip, directing and acting... genius. Did anyone notice the oner between Rory and Paris at the beginning? I don't want to know how often they had to shoot that scenes. So much dialog... And the handheld stuff and jump cutting was so unexpected but worked really great for these scenes. One hell of an episode!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The best part of the dinner sequence was how it consisted almost entirely of POV shots: Rory, Lorelai, the maid. I didn't realize that was what they were doing until it was about half over. The whole sequence was a nice curve ball, but entirely true to the characters as we know them.

Regards,

Phil_L

Second Unit
GG comes airs on Saturday here in RI, on UPN, as we have no local WB. The wait kills me knowing that you all get it on Tuesday!

That aside, the last 5 minutes were fantastic. But I can't help but squirm when I see Logan. He's so slimy and him "saving" the paper by using Daddy's name was so un-Rory. I would have thought she'd be uncomfortable using that to get the paper printed, but I guess it was a damned if you do kind of thing.

There will definitely be a wedding this season, if not, then they'd better just breakup, because I am sick of seeing Luke make one mistake after another when it comes to Lorelai.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,

Not sure how your reception is there in Providence. In Woonsocket, I have an old 13" tv setup with an actual antenna so I can get WLVI channel 56 on UHF. I sure don't want to wait 4 days. Hopefully with the CW, UPN 28 will play the shows at their normal times.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Michel was getting on my last nerve.

Getting Gilmored should be a decade-only occurence, that was taxing and exhausting.

Paris putting Rory out was actually pretty entertaining, though. Hate Rory living with Logan, but maybe that'll accelerate another break-up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/14/06

This was a weird episode. Something felt off about it, but not sure what it was.

We finally see Logan's alluded to path that he's been put on by his father since he was a child, and his forays with Rory is his lifeline to another life. I still can't summon up too much sympathy for the guy, though. Poor little rich boy.

Lorelai really isn't handling Luke's interaction with April all that well, she is passively shrinking away from the whole situation, but then gets the bad news about her not quite cancelling all the wedding plans (i.e. newspaper announcement), and faces more anxiety on whether to try and inform everyone that the wedding's off, or trying to convince Luke to go through with it, or just elope after all.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor

Maybe the fact that they were trying to have a Valentine's episode that was clearly shot in the middle of summer. Perfectly green grass and leaves on all the trees, flowers even. ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, New England doesn't look like that in what Luke referred to as "the dead of winter" ten seconds before walking out onto a backlot in Burbank. :) And we'll just ignore the foot and a half of snow that Eastern Massachusetts got this weekend.

What's off in the characters' behavior - which I think everyone on the show can sense even if they can't put it into words - is that Luke's trying to partition his life between April and Lorelei and that just ain't going to work. For the show, I think it's very unusual for the show to really be tightly focused on just four characters: We see Sookie and some of the Yale Daily News people in the beginning, and Mitchell at the end, but we're used to these characters participating in a larger world.

Also, to get at one of my pet peeves, did we really need ninety seconds of recap in the beginning? I'd argue that we really needed none of it, which would have given us a little more showtime. It's not like the last couple Veronica Mars episodes that pulled out a character we hadn't seen in a while or in that context, it was just the sort of excess spoon-feeding that I normally think is confined to David Greenwalt shows.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nah. There are three kinds of ways these things end: The producers chicken out, they make the change and the show peters out because the producers haven't figured out how the new status quo will work, and where the producers have a handle on how this will change the show. Based on how well the Palladinos have handled Rory graduating for high school, moving between boyfriends, Jess coming and going, and Luke and Lorelei finally getting together, I imagine that they've got a bunch of notebooks filled with "fun things to do with Luke and Lorelei after they're married" ideas.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Again I say this season has been very disappointing. For a show that was original in its first 4 seasons, it sure has fallen back into many tv cliches.

That aside, I was very distracted this week by the lack of care given to the smallest detail of weather in Connecticut and Martha's Vineyard during February.

No snow anywhere. Green grass on the ground. Even Lorelei wearing a sweater outside and leaving home with Luke's window open. I understand this is not a location shoot, but can we inject some semblance of credulity?

Phil_L

Second Unit
I hate Logan!!! Even when he is trying to be nice, I hate him. And I hate Rory when she is with him. When she said he could be "the one" I almost wretched. Ugh.

The confrontation with his father failed to engender any sympathy with me. Go to London and leave us all alone, kid.

Luke is grating on me. You've got your dream girl, buddy, seal the deal before it's too late.

This episode was off, up until the very end with Emily posting the wedding announcement. That was classic.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Rather scary article in the new Entertainment Weekly, about how this could be the last season of GILMORE.

Amy Sherman Palladino isn't signed for next season, and doesn't seem to think she will be. The network seems to be more intested in the AQUAMAN show (as Amy said "None of my characters can breathe underwater") The cast is signed through season 7, but it might not even happen.

Kind of scary. Anyone hear anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks