What's new

GETTING AN SP 4805!!....Question (1 Viewer)

First thank to all that have given me some very helpful answeres over the past 6 months. I feel that your advice has enabled me to pick the right projector for me. So my question is....

I will be hooking up a DVD player and X-Box and possibly from time to time my PC to the 4805. Anything you can think of I might need? I know I will need a Microsoft HD pack for the X-Box. Are there any special cables I should get in order to get the most out of the X-Box and DVD picture? The SP4805 has enough pots on the back to accomodate the X-Box and DVD player without the need for any sort of switcher or anything?

Thanks again guys!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Congrats on the new projector Joseph. I don't know anything about the x-box so not sure what to suggest???

Do you have the screen yet etc...?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
There's only one component input on the 4805 so you'd need a switcher if you plan to use component out from your DVD player also. *Or* you could get a fancy DVD player with DVI output and get the $50 M1 cable.

Thanks guys. Well I am getting the Costco deal. Not sure what kind of screen it comes with but I have a smooth glossy whiute wall I can use if I dn't like the screen. I may jsut use the X-Box as a DVD player for now. See how that works.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I have looked at the same pj for the same things. I am planning on getting a component switcher for DVD and XBox. Or you could go with your plan and just use the XBox as a DVD player.

The only other option you could do is to have DVD player by component and use SVideo on XBox. For this you would need the XBox Advance Pack which is different than the HD pack. The only downer with this is that SVideo does not do HD Widescreen. And with Halo 2 coming out in a couple weeks you're going to want HD

My final though, go with either the Component switcher or use XBox as DVD Player.

Thank Paul. Yeah I will probably use the HD pack and use the X-Box as a DVD player for now. Does X-Box do progressive scan?

Halo 2 is a huge reason why I am getting the 4805 to begin with. Movies second
wink.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The XBox does not do progressive scan without a mod. However, the Faroudja chip on the 4805 is likely better than any progressive output the XBox would ever do.

Thats good to hear. I am really excited about getting this projector. I have spent the last 6 months looking at screenshots of movies and X-Box games on the Screenplay. I am still amazed at how clean the picture is on the projectors now. I looked at projectors around 4ys ago and I remember how crappy the image looked to me and this was a 3000 dollar Sony. So I am very happy to know that I'll be able to enjoy my movies and X-Box on a 80-100 inch screen. ESPECIALLY HALO 2!

But being a person who plays X-Box 6-8hrs a day I might have to by 2 bulbs a year
wink.gif

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Can you comment more on the "Costco deal". Do they sell the 4805? I'm just beginning my projector search and it seem the 4805 is very popular and I'd love to buy from Costco, but it's not listed on their website.

Thanks!

Aaron

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The CostCo deal consists of the 4805 and a 73" or 77" screen (branded InFocus I believe) for 1499. Not all stores are carrying, however, as my local one does not have it. It may eventually, however, as it seemed a bit slow in carrying the similar X1 package.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
You will not find the 4805 package on the Costco website. You have to visit your local store to see if they have it in stock. If not, mention it to a customer service person and see if they can/are getting it in. I'm planning to get mine at the end of this month.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have the Costco SKU or model number. My local store is not able to find it.

Also, is anyone watching HD with the 4805? If so, are you happy with it? I certainly like the $1499 price to get me started, but I've been doing some reading and the Panny AE700 seems to be a good unit, too. Just trying to decide if it would be $700 (plus a screen) better.

JimmyKnut

Auditioning
Ive been to samsclub.com website and while i can find the 4805 for under 1400 dollars it doesnt say anything about it being a combo or including a screen am i looking wrong?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Costco in St. Louis had the 4805 + 76" Infocus brand screen for $1400. A friend of mine just got it and really likes the 4805 but says he's probably going to get a 92" screen and keep the 76" screen in case he ever has reason to use the unit at a different location.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
Go to the site, type your name in where it says name, type guest for pin. It will let you log in from there and see what you want.
Good luck.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I tried it again and it didn't like the fact I was putting both first and last name. One name only and it works. Too bad I bought mine before October :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks