What's new

Gaming HT set up recommendations wanted (1 Viewer)

JamesL

Agent
I would like to pick up a set of inexpensive speakers and receiver with Dolby Digital for my game setup. This will strickly be for gaming (not watching movies, listening to music etc...)

From a price standpoint these "home theatre in a box", like the The RCA RT2250 & RCA RT2500 are good but would like some feedback or recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

James

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
What's your price range? The Kenwood HTB-504 is always recommended and many of the members (including me) have one.

Scott FP

Agent
My first home theatre system "in a box" only had Pro Logic. So what ever you do go the extra mile and get a 5.1 digital system. It is worth it. Doesn't have to be too expensive. My set up is in a small 10 x 12 room and the sound is great.

I'm no expert but I imagine much larger rooms would be better suited to higher end systems.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'll second that Kenwood HTB-504. It has served me well. :) My only gripes are the lack of component switching, and only 2 optical inputs. It is a heckuva bargain though.
-Dave

JamesL

Agent
thanks for info.

Kenwood system sounds perfect.

One question though - what is component video switching?

Could I hook up a PS2 and Xbox via component via this unit?

JamesL

Agent
I'm not having much success finding a local audio dealer that provides Kenwood HT in a box.

I was looking at Sony SAV-E325 satellite surround package and the Infinity HTS-10 HT package?

Anybody have/use these?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks