1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Gallo Micros - need actual listener opinions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kimmo Jaskari, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

So far I've read nothing but positive news about the Gallos, but I wanted to ask if anyone here has had any experience with these coupled with a good sub (either Gallos own or some other brand).

I'm currently using B&W speakers all round and am generally quite happy, except that all the black boxes are getting kind of depressing. Since I'm a big believer in sub/sat systems, I don't feel I need even big standmounters taking up space, so I've been thinking about moving over to the Gallos in order to achieve a cleaner look for my HT.

Anyone own these? Have auditioned extensively?

I'm going to try to get to listen to these myself before I shop, but since I live way way off the beaten path I may have to put my faith in honest reviews from knowledgeable people.

2. JamesMart

JamesMart Agent

Kimmo,
    I use them as my surrounds, you can see them HERE. I absolutely love them!!! However, they are all I have had for my surrounds, so I know no different. I have an SVS 20-39PC as my sub, I was not to happy with the Gallo Sub. And for my fronts and center I use the VR series from Boston Acoustics. However, my complete system inclding fronts and center were at one time just the gallos, and It sounded incredible. I don't know what speakers you have now, so It is hard for me to say if you will like these better, I just know that I am very very happy with them.
    Thanks,
    Jim

3. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

I have the sub part covered with a Paradigm Servo 15 that I love. It's also black, more's the pity, but it was all I could find. They're mighty hard to get a hold of over here. I'd trade it for a veneer model if I could... it's kind of big and black. [​IMG]
    Currently I have a B&W system, 602S2 up front, one LCR6 center and a pair of 601S2 as surrounds. I love the sound, but... too many black boxes!