What's new

Gallo Micros - need actual listener opinions (1 Viewer)

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
So far I've read nothing but positive news about the Gallos, but I wanted to ask if anyone here has had any experience with these coupled with a good sub (either Gallos own or some other brand).

I'm currently using B&W speakers all round and am generally quite happy, except that all the black boxes are getting kind of depressing. Since I'm a big believer in sub/sat systems, I don't feel I need even big standmounters taking up space, so I've been thinking about moving over to the Gallos in order to achieve a cleaner look for my HT.

Anyone own these? Have auditioned extensively?

I'm going to try to get to listen to these myself before I shop, but since I live way way off the beaten path I may have to put my faith in honest reviews from knowledgeable people.

JamesMart

Agent
Kimmo,
I use them as my surrounds, you can see them HERE. I absolutely love them!!! However, they are all I have had for my surrounds, so I know no different. I have an SVS 20-39PC as my sub, I was not to happy with the Gallo Sub. And for my fronts and center I use the VR series from Boston Acoustics. However, my complete system inclding fronts and center were at one time just the gallos, and It sounded incredible. I don't know what speakers you have now, so It is hard for me to say if you will like these better, I just know that I am very very happy with them.
Thanks,
Jim

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I have the sub part covered with a Paradigm Servo 15 that I love. It's also black, more's the pity, but it was all I could find. They're mighty hard to get a hold of over here. I'd trade it for a veneer model if I could... it's kind of big and black. :)
Currently I have a B&W system, 602S2 up front, one LCR6 center and a pair of 601S2 as surrounds. I love the sound, but... too many black boxes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks