What's new

Friends 2/12/04 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This was a strange episode. First, for the weeks leading up to it there was very little mention of the wedding within the show and then suddenly it's the week following Joey's game show appearance. Something about it also made it seem like a sitcom reunion show (think of the various Brady Bunch reunions, like the marriage of Jan and Marcia) with characters slightly exaagerated to remind viewers who they were.

Oh yeah, Monica is really controlling and anal!
And Ross was married a lot!
And Chandler liked to tell jokes!

I didn't dislike the ep, but something about it was off and strange.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have a problem with it, but I do agree that the wedding felt rushed. All of a sudden it was just there.

Of course, they only had 6 episodes left to try and create some sort of end of the show, so they're probably trying to check off as many things as possible. I wonder if they'll start talking about Joey leaving for LA soon.

/Mike

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Phoebe is married.

Monica & Chandler are going to adopt, and have bought a house in the 'burbs.

Looks like next week they're starting the process of getting Ross & Rachel back together.

I expect they'll work on getting Joey to LA when the final 3 episodes air in May.

That's right, folks - 2 more episodes this (sweeps) month, and then no new "Friends" for over two months.

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator

Just an FYI - the show's two-hour finale airs May 6 so you'll see new episodes on April 22 and April 29 presumably.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
the credits closer
was chandler and joey in the hallway, talking about the wedding, and joey goes, hey wanna come in and have some crosages (spelling is bad, flower you wear) and chandler goes, no thanks, its almost 2300 and im gonna have the most organized sex ever.
i think that was about it.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Nope, that was before the credits. During the credits they had Ross outside trying to get the sticky dog to "do his business". Not a good episode at all, everone was just a caricature of themselves, except maybe Phoebe, who is a caricature anyway.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I couldn't agree more! It makes me sad that this once brilliant show has been so bad lately.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I was real irritated how she (writers) handled David in the last episode of the last season. They were sitting at a table dining and suddenly Mike showed up and they (Phoebe and Mike) throw him out like a dog! And he was supposedly the man of her life! So I wouldn't care for this Mike subplot that much!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This episode had a really hard time keeping my attention. I missed most of it, but really wasn't interested at all with Phoebe's wedding. She is my least favorite character anyway, but the whole plot around that seemed very forced.

I hope they end this show on a good note.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Pretty well sums up my feelings on the whole thing.

The wedding was rushed, and I'm just not in to the character of Mike all that much, I mean up until now it was still just the six of them Mike wasn't intigrated in to the group to an extend even though he was Phoebe's fiance. She spent more time with her friends than with her fiance at least it seems that way to me, even though they did have a fair amount of stuff with just her and him but it was still basically the 6 of them not the 7.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Heck, I'm still grumbling about the conclusion to the house-hunting episode where Chandler and Monica bought a freaking house! They gave the group some gifts, told them they were moving, ran out of the coffee house and it hasn't been mentioned since! Insulting. Now we get an episode that reminds me nothing of the Friends I fell in love with (even though they are caricatures of themselves). It's like the episode when Monica leaves a voicemail for Richard: "Call me back if you want to, or not. Either way, I'm breezy." It was either Rachel or Chandler who replied "You can't say you're breezy. That totally negates the breeziness." This episode spelled the characters out for us, and that turned me off.

Pieter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks