What's new
World Wide Stereo

FREE Harman Kardon Upgrade... What to do? (1 Viewer)

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
I ordered a HK AVR-325z from Harman Audio a month ago and just shipped it back last week due to it going directly into protection mode. I was informed yesterday that I won't even get shipping information on the replacement AVR-325 till Sept. 1st so I contacted HK customer service and let them know that that was too long for me to wait. Luckily I have been working with a real nice and professional customer service rep and he apologized for the delay and said that since there were no AVR-325z in stock to ship, he offered to upgrade my replacement to an AVR-330 at no charge to me.

It sounds like a no brainer since the 330 is a newer model but I wasn't sure if there was anything I should be aware of before authorizing the switch.
I do realize that it's silver and has 5 more watts per channel but wondered if there were any intangibles that made one receiver better than the other in your opinion.

Can any of you give me any reasons not to get the "free" upgrade?

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

Brian

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard it said in certain circles that the best Harman Kardon upgrade is a Denon AVR3805.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
But seriously now, take the upgrade.

And per the discussion on another thread, just accept the fact that your new AVR is silver, and everything else is black, and go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks