What's new

Fox to reissue 2-disc SEs (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
20th Century Fox will be reissuing many of its moratorium two-disc sets on October 14th. Among them: The Abyss, Cast Away, Fight Club, Independence Day, Moulin Rouge, The Sound of Music, and Planet of the Apes (2001). Retail is $26.98 each.

Also announced for an October 14th release is a standalone The Simpsons Christmas Special DVD. The disc will feature a bonus C.M. Burns montage featurette. Retail on this is $14.98.

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
Any word as the whether THE ABYSS is the same non-anamorphic transfer? I'm sure it probably is, but Fox has been pretty good with upgrading older discs recently.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Release 2-disc set, re-release as single-disc (identical but with bonus disc deleted), then re-release as 2-disc set.

Bizarre.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I just reeeeeaaallly hope that they don't add additional things on these re-re-releases. I would buy The Abyss again though if it was Anamorphic

~Jason

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I'm still pissed off at the deception on the original 2-disc Abyss release. It clearly says enhanced for widescreen tv's at the bottom but when I called to complain years back after the store refused to give me my money back they informed that the wording is in fact true as the MENUS are enhanced. What crap. Nevertheless, I have watched the DVD countless times since purchasing and find the transfer passable though I wish it was much more. Hopefully, sometime there will be an anamorphic version of it. Maybe Fox has done it for the re-release.

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
These better not have more features or i will become enraged and seriously injure some people who work at fox.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Where didyou guys get so much for these discs? When I heard about the rereleases months ago, I checked eBay and the original releases were going for around $20, which is what I'd pay for the new ones anyway.

RichSL

Agent
Any news regarding 'Big Trouble In Little China'? hopefully this will revert back to a 2 disc SE...especially as i had been meaning to get it, then found out it was only a single disc edition that was available.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I thought planet of the apes was never released as a two disc! Behind Planet of The Apes came with the big box set only..... at least thats what I thought.

Britton

Screenwriter
Tim Burton's version released in 2001 was a two disc set. The 1968 original was only released in a single disc non anamorphic edition.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I alreaady have all those except Independance Day, which I don't like much and The Sound of Music. I'll buy it if they've improved the transfer.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Where didyou guys get so much for these discs?
I sold mine on Ebay for $65.00. This was the common price several months back. I am hoping to be able to sell the 2-disc Gladiator for a similar price eventually since this is supposedly going OOP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks