What's new

fluance sx-htb vs. fluance av-htb (1 Viewer)

DavidSC

Auditioning
I'm looking for speakers and I think I have narrowed them down to two; the Fluance AV-HTB or Fluance SX-HTB. I've seen a lot of rave reviews about the AV-HTB's but haven't seen much for the SX-HTB's although the few reviews have been very good. I want to know what people on the board think about these two speaker sets and which one they would get if they had to choose. I'm thinking about getting the SX-HTB's b/c they have higher sensetivity, banana plug connectors, and bigger woofers, midranges, and tweeters. For me, with shipping, the AV-HTB will cost me about $250 whereas the SX-HTB will cost me about $315. However, I don't know if the SX-HTB's warrant the $65 price difference. What do you all think?
Oh yeah, all of this is being powered by a Harman/Kardon AVR 225 receiver. My music/home theater ratio will probably be about 60%/40%.

Alan M

Second Unit
Well David,
When I called fluance regarding this same question,I was told that the sx system has better speakers and a higher quality crossover.The enclosure is also braced differently to make it more rigid.
Having never heard the av system,I dont have an opinion to tell you. After living with the sx system for over a year now,I cant recommend them highly enough.An amazing bang for your buck speaker setup.
Happy speaker shopping.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I don't own either but I would go for the sx system also if money isn't an issue after what Allen said. Also, IMO they look better constructed and I happen to like banana plugs. I look forward to reading your impressions.

Ben_Ly

Agent
I just purchased some fluance speakers but decided to go an alternate route. I purchased the SV-10, the dipole surrounds, and the better center channel. So far it sounds great and would recommend it highly. oh, yeah, it cost me about 500 total shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks