What's new

Fix Blurry Digital Images ? (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
I need some help here. I just got back from Las Vegas and had a look at the pictures I took. I took pictures of the performers Penn & Teller after their show. Seems I managed to get blurry images :angry: :angry: . I'd really like to try and save these 2 pictures. Any suggestions on software and/or technique ?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not much you can do w/ blurry images except maybe take advantage of the blur in artistic ways. Maybe if you post the pics, someone might come up w/ something to help in some way. If it's just a little out-of-focus blur, you can try some sharpening to help. Motion blur would be impossible to get rid of.

_Man_

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
if they are digital and aren't *really* out of focus, you could use any of a number photo editing programs like Photoshop to try and sharpen them up. If you post links to them, I'm sure someone or myself could take a look.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Really little that can be done to fix a blurry image.

The sharpening filters in image editing programs only enhance edge contrast to trick the eye into perceiving a sharper image.

Blurry images, by definition, have no edges to enhance. Most likely, you'll only be able to pull out grain.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajbcpa1