Fix Blurry Digital Images ?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by LewB, Jun 30, 2004.

1. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

I need some help here. I just got back from Las Vegas and had a look at the pictures I took. I took pictures of the performers Penn & Teller after their show. Seems I managed to get blurry images [​IMG] [​IMG] . I'd really like to try and save these 2 pictures. Any suggestions on software and/or technique ?

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Not much you can do w/ blurry images except maybe take advantage of the blur in artistic ways. Maybe if you post the pics, someone might come up w/ something to help in some way. If it's just a little out-of-focus blur, you can try some sharpening to help. Motion blur would be impossible to get rid of.

_Man_

3. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

if they are digital and aren't *really* out of focus, you could use any of a number photo editing programs like Photoshop to try and sharpen them up. If you post links to them, I'm sure someone or myself could take a look.

4. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Really little that can be done to fix a blurry image.

The sharpening filters in image editing programs only enhance edge contrast to trick the eye into perceiving a sharper image.

Blurry images, by definition, have no edges to enhance. Most likely, you'll only be able to pull out grain.

-Scott