What's new

first 2 daredevil costume pics (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Anybody remember Wally Wood's original Daredevil costume in the comic book's first nine or so issues? It was a black leotard over yellow tights. The only thing saving the day was the fact that Wally Wood was penciling the series. Loved his artwork.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Bjorn, it's been a few years since I was actively reading the series, but basically Matt Murdoch is a lawyer (good guy, help the little guy type IIRC) who was made blind by a radioactive material accident (when he was a kid I thought, but don't remember now for sure).
The same accident gave him hyper-radar sense. Part of the point is that he is handicapped yet a superhero. His fighting style would be most like old school Batman with less gadgets. Pretty much just an athletic fighting type.
His life story involves lots of complications like Spider-Man's life has. And in that way I think they are the 2 books most like each other despite rather different abilities. And DD is no smartass like SM. DD carries that cane/club thing but that's it.
Again all of this is IIRC. I should get some books out and reread. I've been really getting geeked up for some Marvel Universe reading thanks to all these films. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
oh, and the eyes on the costume fit in with the whole blindness thing. He doesn't need to see so the eyes have that cool covering.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
Better than I expected, but please don't tell me the Daredevil "DD" symbol is going to be anywhere but the center of his chest....UGH!!!

PhilipW

Second Unit
Jarrod,
Supposedly a smaller version on the upper left chest, just where any logo should be on a shirt.:frowning:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Is it possible that some company has adopted the interlocking "DD" logo as their own and preventing them from using it?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks great. Kinda looks like the relaxed fit Levi's super-hero costume:)
Peace Out~:D

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Sounds interesting, maybe I'll pick up some TPB myself, if I can find any.
Check out Born Again, and the three Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller books. That's the source material they're using for the film.
As for the movie costume, all I can say is: "Bring out the Gimp!" ;)

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
well here it is.. the DD's are there.. just not in the right spot.. :frowning: well at least they're there.
Wardrobe.jpg

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think it looks excellent, and Ben looks great in it. It does look a bit "leather scene" to me, but hey, it's Ben Affleck.... whaddaya want?

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I would have to agree with Richard Link Removed I just do not like Ben Affleck for Dare Devil. Actually I don't like Affleck for anything, but he just does not look right in the costume.
But maybe he can pull it off, but I have my reservations.

ShawnCoghill

Stunt Coordinator
hmm.. looks ok,,but if ol' Matt could make horns,why couldnt he simply stick on the Double D,,id prefer a little more of a body fit,hmm that doesn't sound to good,,uh what I mean is that,,errr hmm Id just prefer the,cant believe im saying this,tighter look on DD.

I shouldnt have said a thing now.

btw ,uh last time I checked Kingpin was rather white,,but I haven't been up in comics for about 6 or 7 years,,isnt he still white? Id say its kinda cold to make the only character color change for the bad guy,hehe thats odd,isnt there any big white guys in Hollywood, hmm maybe they could have gotten John Popper to gain his weight back,,Yeahhhhh,,,thats the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks