What's new

first 2 daredevil costume pics (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
It isn't really all that hard to get the look right for Kingpin. So no problem there, but Bullseye...I'm sure a lot of people are not going to like his look (myself included), but i'm sure i'll learn to live with it. As of now though :thumbsdown:

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hmmm - this movie seems rather busy. Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin, Bullseye etc

I fear that's alot of characters to cover in a 2 hour movie.

Not getting a good vibe on this one.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd agree there. I think they want to make a franchise, but if they cover all of the "A" characters in the first film, what would be left for subsequent films? I watched a teaser on Extra last night, and I honestly felt like I didn't see anything. Mind you, 30 seconds from any movie isn't much, but this was just some jumping around and posing. I hope the film itself is better.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Kingpin looks OK to me. Pretty hard to mess up though since he doesn't wear a "costume" & all you'd need is a decent suit.
Electra looks OK for an adaptation. Even though I prefer the original Red costume from the comics.
Bullseye = :laugh:
If they had to go this route with his look then a tattoo would've looked much better.
Anyone know what rating they are shooting for? I remember the style/tone from the 70's early 80's Frank Miller issues were fairly violent back in the day.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Ewww, bulleye is terrible. Elektra, hmmm, ok since it's Jennifer Garner. DD looks good. Kingpin, I agree with the earlier poster, he was Caucasian and he was much bigger.
I'm an aficionado of the Frank Miller DD (started in DD #158) and I still have them. Some of the best writing, drawing and storytelling (comic book-wise) ever. Right up there with Frank's Dark Knight series.
Anyhow back on topic, has the storyline been confirmed that it will be based on Frank Miller's storyline and whether DD's mentor, Stick (along with the rest of his clan, Shaft, Stone, etc.), will make an appearance? Stick is very important in this series IMHO to keep faithful to the comic. He was one bad-ass. Kinda like how Yoda is to the Star Wars universe.:D I'll see it anyways and I hope it stays just as faithful as Spiderman. They did a great job with SM.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Electra looks OK for an adaptation. Even though I prefer the original Red costume from the comics.
the red costume will be in the movie, according to Garner.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/dare.htm
Question: Jennifer, what do you think of the Elektra costume and the changes made to it?
Jennifer Garner: Actually, Elektra has two different costumes in the comic. The one that’s more well-known is the red one with the sashes and apparently nothing underneath. I have to say, I had nothing to do with changing the look. She also does where a black leather costume throughout some of the comics. The costume is not something I would choose to wear in life, but you just have to go for it. And Ben’s in tights, pretty much, so it’s fun! The costume designer, Jim Acheson, has done an incredible job of taking something that could be so embarrassing and making it as cool as possible. All of the superhero looks have a real hip element to them and they are not your average man-in-tights. Mine is no exception to that.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Did you guys see the sneak footage on ET the other night?

The scenes shown make the film look more like Blade than Daredevil, IMO.

Of course Blade was a pretty cool film, though not exactly what I think of DD. Still makes it a tough call. Could go either way. Didn't seem to be a lot of obvious color for one thing, which diminishes the comic book angle of the story. Of course DD was closer to a "real" hero and many of the villans he fought were a little more down to earth, so...

Need to see and hear more to decide. Of course there is plenty of time before the film comes out to get a better idea of how good the film will be.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Rob - I think Jennifer Garner was acknowledging that the comic Elektra has used two separate costumes but the "traditional" red costume will not be in the movie. Trying not to read too much into it, but I get the feeling the DD movie team are trying to work the spin that what their Elektra looks like isn't all that different from what haas appeared in the comics.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Forgive my comics ignorance but its been many long years since my comic reading days.

Here goes....

In the Frank Miller Daredevil run back in the early 80's Electra dies at the hands of Bullseye. I only remember her having the Red costume. I'm assuming Marvel brought her back from the dead since then. Am I correct?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but in that graphic novel "Elektra Lives" by Frank Miller, Elektra had a white version of her regular red outfit. I don't recall ever seeing the black outfit.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw the DD trailer in front of "Minority Report" today, and I have to say it might be decent in the way they handle the action scenes, very reminiscent of the 1st Batman (Burton) film, but with a harder edge.

Affleck looks little silly in the leather DD outfit, but Jennifer Garner shows off just a bit of her skills (as Elektra) in the trailer, so I liked that part, and she's pretty much easy on the eyes, so no complaints so far from me. Coline Farrell as Bullseye looks funny with a bald head and the "bullseye" engraves on his forehead. He just doesn't have a good "bald head" look. I can't remember seeing Michael Duncan Clark as Kingpin in the trailer.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Rob - I think Jennifer Garner was acknowledging that the comic Elektra has used two separate costumes but the "traditional" red costume will not be in the movie. Trying not to read too much into it, but I get the feeling the DD movie team are trying to work the spin that what their Elektra looks like isn't all that different from what haas appeared in the comics.
I just re-read it and I agree. I must have been too tired when I read it the first time.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm - this movie seems rather busy. Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin, Bullseye etc
I fear that's alot of characters to cover in a 2 hour movie.
Not getting a good vibe on this one.
Well, the characters are all pretty much related (not literally, but in storyline terms ;)). That is, you can't really do Elektra without also having Bullseye there as well, and Kingpin was also involved in the original comics stories. It's not quite the same situation as in most comics movies, where the producers decide to overload on characters that usually work best alone in order to get more action figures out of it.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
well the trailer is up at the offical site if you want to see it.. it looks really good. i can't wait for this one.. going by the flashes on the trailer Kingpin looks like he's gonna be the good "last scene" badguy. anways here ya go..
Link Removed if you haven't been yet you should.. its got some bad ass wallpaper and seems to be a cool lil site for what it has.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
jusst like another board I frequent this one seems to put spaces into the url, however this one seems to be twice as happy and puts in 2!
Link Removed
edit the spaces out (you might see them as %20 ) and your away.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Man I'm excited! I'm digging the DD costume. Little disappointed that they changed the Elektra costume but Garner looks great. Hell, she'd look great in a paper bag. :D Kingpin is looks cool; I had no idea that Michael Clark Duncan was playing him. Bullseye....:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I should get some books out and reread. I've been really getting geeked up for some Marvel Universe reading thanks to all these films.
Same here. Ever since Spider-Man came out I've been dying to buy some new books. Used to be a pretty heavy collector; have 5000+ books, mostly Marvel and independents.
BTW, what does IIRC mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks