What's new

Firefly 10/4 (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
The jury still hasn't made an official ruling, but the opening narration specifically says "a new system", and there have been specific references to worlds being terraformed. Also, the political situation - "inner worlds" versus "outer colonies" - seems to imply a single system, as well. Whether this is more or less believable than FTL is up to you. Me, I'm surprised at all the planets with apparently Earth-normal gravity, but that bugs me on "Star Trek", too.

Last friday's new opening narration seems to support more than just one solar system, as they mention the whole galaxy.

Inner vs outer worlds doesn't imply a single system to me, and I can name a huge number of sci-fi examples where the same usage applies without infering a single system. Inner worlds are those closest to the governmental HQ. Outer systems are on the borders. Not to mention we would really be straining the laws of physics to have that many habitable planets in one system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks