What's new

Finally set up 7.1: what scenes to show it off? (1 Viewer)

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
I recently moved, and my new place is conducive to a full 7.1 setup, thanks to my AVM-20. What're some good scenes to show off 6.1 or 7.1? I've only had a few minutes to play around with it, and watched THX Tex, from the beginning of Toy Story, and the 6.1 EX and 7.1 Ultra2 didn't sound much different from 5.1.
Oh, and if I'm watching a 5.1 encoded DVD, what's the rule: THX Ultra2, or do I force THX EX?
Thanks,
-Erik

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
My current favorite is Behind Enemy Lines. There are 2 scenes (maybe 3) to use for shock and awe. The first one is the SAM missile attack. The second one, which will really show off your low end is the Minefield scene. Absolutely amazing.

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
Pod race in Star Wars: Ep I

Clone battle scene in Star Wars: EpII

Prologue battle scenes in LOTR: EE.

We Were Soldiers (pick a scene!)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the club! :) Just watched the Matrix. Some of the fight scenes near the end of the movie are good 7.1 fodder. I also like the 1st 20 min of Saving Private Ryan. And, the whole dang movie Black Hawk Down. (There's an SE edition coming!)

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
A demo at a local home theater place put in the movie "The Patriot" and jumped to the scene where Mel saves his oldest son from the red coats. He ambushes them and there are some awesome audio for this sequence. You can hear gun shots and soldiers yelling in almost every direction. Very cool.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
my favourite for showing off 6.1/7.1 is Bilbo's birthday party in LOTR:FOTR it works great because there is a lot of stuff that goes on in the surround channels (idle talking from crowd, fireworks, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks