What's new

Finally going to be a DAD (1 Viewer)

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Well, after trying for a while now, I am going to be a DAD. It's such a great feeling to say those words. Things are just beginning so we don't know the sex or anything yet, but in about 2 weeks, we will be able to go in and hear the heartbeat.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
That's strange, I don't know how three of my posts got on the board, but please delete two of them.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Congratulations Jon!:emoji_thumbsup:
Being a Dad is tough work sometimes but it is the most rewarding job in the world.

Best wishes!:emoji_thumbsup:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Allow me to add my congratulations, Jon.

The best thing that ever happened to me. I'm sure that you will feel the same.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Congratulations, Jon! I can definitely echo the sentiments of the others and say that it's the most awesome feeling in the world being a dad. My daughter was born 5 1/2 months ago, and it's still an awesome feeling! Whatever you do, make sure that you and your wife get a sonogram video. It will move you like nothing else. Best wishes to you and your new little one! :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Congrats, Jon. I, too, am on the path to being a dad, after many years of frustration. We are adopting from Russia, and I leave next Friday for our frist trip.

Our last Father's day without a card!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Congratulations to all the new parents here!

I remember teasing a high school buddy of mine, a huge Star Trek fan. He called me up to tell me that he and his wife were expecting, and my response was, "I guess the old phaser wasn't set for stun after all."

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Wow, congrats!

I gave birth to my daughter 7 weeks ago, so the memory of it all is still quite fresh :) We, too, suffered a lot of frustration but some fancy doctors got us on track. I'll add to the others have said -- being a parent is the best thing in the world. :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Congratulations! Every now and then, I manage to sit back and stare in awe at my son. Easily the best and most important thing in my life (along with his mother).

Hearing the heartbeat was one of the best moments of my life, but it's been topped numerous times.

Don't believe the hype though. There is exhaustion and frustration, fear and doubt, and lots of dirty diapers (if it's not elsewhere). Whatever free time you had before, take about 2% of that. I'm up to almost 15% now ;)

We hope for a healthy wife, healthy pregnancy, and healthy baby!

The misery (and that's the right word sometimes) is so worth it,
Chuck

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone for the great replies. The biggest thing now is to hope for a nice progression with the pregnancy. We go next week to make sure all of my wifes numbers are in the right range. We just need to get over that hump when things are not so scary. We know things can happen, and we just want to get past that point in the pregnancy to where we know we will have a healthy baby.

But, I still am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I never could imagine what I was going to feel. It's great. :D

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
What's the worst thing you can say to a guy when he's excited that he'll finally be a dad?

You're Welcome.

Congratulations, it's the adventure that keeps on giving. :)

Doug

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Congrats Jon. I have friends who just got to hear the heartbeat of their kid and sent it out to us as an MP3. I'm sure it will get five star rating on iTunes. :)

And congrats to Leila and her husband!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks