What's new

Finally a complete HT system! (1 Viewer)

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my SVS PB10 sub today and that was the last thing missing from my setup. The sub is AWESOME. I tested it out with Terminator 3 and Finding Nemo. In T3 when the explosion occurs, I can feel the bass. Finding Nemo I had to turn down the volume by a lot since the "Darla" chapter has way too much bass. PB10 can handle it but I don't want my neighbors to come over :) Good thing I decided to return my KSW-12. PB10 blows away that sub without a doubt.
Thanks for everyone's advice.

Here's my setup:

Yamaha HTR-5790
Fronts: Klipsch F3's
Rear: Klipsch S3
Center: Klipsch C3
Sub: PB10
TV: 57" Sony WS.

Room size: 20x10.

I have calibrated the system using Yamaha's own auto setup. I will try to get the SPL and Avia but I'm not sure if it's going to improve the sound by much.

Anyways, off to more testing of PB10.......

Daman

Second Unit
Himanshu,
Congrats on completing the setup!! Im looking forward to getting my PB10 now after reading such positive response all over. Mine got shipped today :) Regarding the calibration i will definetly say buy a Avia or DVE as it does make a lot of difference.For one the Auto calibration the Yamaha does is without an input source ie it doesnt take into account your DVD players output, when u run your own calibration that will take care of that. I found that i had to change the settings a little bit, esp of the rear surrounds( i have the same reciever btw)
Enjoy and post up some pics if you can.

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response. I will look into purchasing the SPL + Avia. The sub really does live upto it's specs. It's bigger than my 12" Klipsch. The KSW-12 only weighed 35lbs where the PB10 is one heavy sucker, 60lbs! So far every movie I have tried has been awesome. The rumbling effect is the best!!!
All in all money well spent!

Since you have the same receiver and you have calibrated your system, could please tell me where your reciever's volume has to be at in order to be at the reference level(105 db)? I want to know what volume many people consider as being *loud* :)

Daman

Second Unit
Well i calibrated the system at 80 dB Himanshu, and that was at around -5 dB on the reciever. That of course would vary depending on the difference in our room and speakers etc. And believe me the loudest i ever need to go on the reciever is -15dB, beyond that is too loud. I normally play between -15 to -25 or so depending on how late it is in the night :D
Great to hear you are enjoying it so much, i have a 8 inch Polk PSW 303(weighs around 30 pounds) which would be going in the bedroom HT and this SvS would be a biigg jump for me so the expectations are high. Getting the delivery on tuesday, let see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks