What's new

February Fox Titles (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
According to DVD Empire, there are some interesting Fox releases coming on February 1:

Bad Girls: Extended Edition, Class Action, Laughing Policeman, Star Chamber, and Secrets and Lies.

(Note that they seem to have spelled "Secrets and Lies" as "Secretes and Lies," so....)

Anyway, there don't seem to be any details yet, but there you go. Some interesting titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

It seems you're right.;)

As far as those other releases in February, I'll be picking up "The Laughing Policeman", "Class Action" and "Star Chamber". All of these films have been on Fox Movie Channel several times throughout the year.

Crawdaddy

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I had read on a thread that "What A Way To Go!" was to be released in Jan. Any confirmation on that? Is that the "Studio Classic" title for January?

walter o

Supporting Actor
Thought their deal with Anchor Bay would perhaps elimiate the Fox classic line, but it seems Anchor bay basically went after all the action and horror theme titles, so with WHAT A WAY TO GO being released, I guess Fox will be the ones releasing the classics instead of Anchor Bay.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'll be picking up "Star Chamber"...I've always wanted to see this movie ever since I saw a commercial for it in one of its' syndicated airings.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

A blind buy, yes, but it'll be pretty cheap, I think.

Charles H

Screenwriter
WHAT A WAY TO GO! is being released (with PINKY, SHINING THROUGH, THE GREAT WHITE HOPE) on January 11. The so-far-unannounced "Studio Classic" would be released on January 4, 2005--the first Tuesday of the month.

walter o

Supporting Actor
by the way, why is the film called LAUGHING POLICEMAN? Matthau and Dern never laughed, I was always baffled by the title back in the 70's.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I assume that "Shining Through" is the ridiculous, but kind of fun Melanie Griffith and Michael Douglas World War II spy movie. I just wrote a post a few months ago saying that I was probably the one person in the world who wanted that out on DVD. Glad that Fox saw a market for it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Amy,
You are not alone. Ive wanted that title myself. It is a fun movie like you said.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

It's pretty fun. I'm getting it. Anyone with any details on this? I'm assuming it's barebones, but there was a featurette on the LD.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
"Secretes and Lies"

I'm really disappointed that nobody has made a poop joke about that yet. :p)

On another note, is it just me, or are the faces on the Bad Girls cover very poorly photoshopped?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious as to why "The Star Chamber" isn't being offered by some major e-tailers (DDD for one; DVD Planet is another). Very odd. I'm guessing that it *will* eventually be available there, but it's odd it isn't there now (just days prior to its February 1 release).

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up a copy of "The Star Chamber". It's a double-sided, single-layer disc, with a pan-and-scan version on one side and an anamorphic widescreen version on the other (unlabeled!) side.

It's in 5.1 - probably taken from the 70mm mix - and the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Image quality is decent, though nothing spectacular. The only extras are a trailer.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
Any info on "A Guide For The Married Man"?
I've noticed the Fox movie channel has been airing a widescreen version of this movie lately and i would love to see it released on Dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks