What's new

Favorite New Outlaw 950 Feature??? (1 Viewer)

Shade Watson

Stunt Coordinator
How many fake surround channels are enough? At least with DPL, DD EX and DTS ES Matrix, the extra channels are put there by the engineer. Do I really need someone else to 'make up' more channels?

J

John Morris

Will: Yes, it was a Lex MC12 unit with a pair of Classe A 5 channel amps and a complete Aerial 10T based speaker setup. We had to drag another pair of SR3 surrounds into the room to get a full 7.1 setup. I think the subwoofer was a Rel Stadium or Studio. I took my new Sony C555es SACD player with me and the dealer hooked it up. When we didn't use Logic 7 music, I insisted on the Direct Mode, with no processing whatsoever, since I didn't want my opinion of straight SACD helped by the Lex processing. And yes, the room was set up ideally for listening and viewing from two chairs located in the sweet spot. Since no other listening positions were considered by the dealer when he calibrated the system/room, I'm sure that adversely affected the effects of the rear center Logic 7 speakers when not seated in one of those chairs.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I really wish it had switched outlets like my Sherwood. UNLESS it has a variable voltage trigger and not just 12 volts. I use 9 volt adapters on the Sherwoods outlets and they turn on my amps and fans for them. I can't use 12 volts because the fans are too noisy at that speed.
Jeff

Will Gibbons

Agent
John Morris,
You're right--very nice system. Thanks for the details. I tried doing some searchs on the bass management system on your Sony 555ES, but couldn't find much in explanation. Does it have preset crossovers or ? From what I found, the comments were very favorable.
Regards,
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks