What's new

Fast Food Foul-ups (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Yeah, I definately agree. I wish we would of done more to complain... Next time! ;0

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Slightly OT: speaking of pizza boxes....DO NOT LEAVE A PIZZA BOX ON THE OVEN!! There. Now go about your business, everyone.

Hum...humhum....hum...oh, why? Okay...

Fido the dog likes the smell of pizza. Fido sees/smells pizza box on oven. Fido puts his paws on the oven controls to get a closer look at the boxes and turns the oven burners on. Boxes caught on fire and burn the house down! I read a terrible story where some people lost their house and the offending dog too. :frowning:

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I never got a wrong order from any fast-food place in my long life until the evening I first read this thread about a week ago. Went to Panda Express and ordered Green Bean Chicken, Kung-Pau chicken, barbecue pork, and chow mein plate. Got orange chicken instead of Kung-pau. Ate it anyway.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce are definitely different. Even if you don't make your own at least get pizza sauce from the store...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I respectfully disagree about sauce. There are several Ragu sauces that taste just fine used on pizza. There really isn't any difference other than there being more variety. Tomato sauce is tomato sauce whether it's stamped with "pizza" or not.

I remembered a "new" sandwich one of the fast food places had years ago. Some kind of beef sandwich that was supposed to be so great. I got a bunch of beef on a hot dog bun. I'm sure they ran out of whatever bun they were using for it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
but if you're going to buy jarred sauce, you're best to buy one that's labeled "Pizza Sauce" because it will be thicker which will spread better on the pizza dough.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I kind of like it a little juicy. But I see what you mean...some folks might not. In that case you can cook the sauce a bit in a skillet and it will thicken or add a little flour. Cooking tomato sauce is a big secret of many great dishes. Cook it until it's nice and dark really makes the favor come out. I use to watch that british game show "Can't cook Won't cook" and it really helped me see that burning food is a chef's secret. ;)

By the way, I have a pizza oven my sis gave me for xmas a few years back. It sits on the counter and does a great job cooking the pizza. It will make even a cheap frozen pizza taste a bit better. Looks cheap but it does a great job!

Here it is:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

Yes. I worked at Wendy's for much less than that and provided good service.

What does the customer's expectation for good service have to do with wages?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why would you think that his statement meant every single minimum wage worker, everywhere, throughout the course of history? ;) :D

I believe the point was that most fast food places employee teens and most of those teens are just there to make a buck and not so concerned about how well they do their job.

I thought that was a concept that has been known for many, many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks