What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Fandango, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Doug_P

Auditioning
Anyone heard about a potential DVD release for this very excellent coming-of-age pic? I've registered everywhere to be notified if it is on the way out, but no one knows or seems to care.

All rumors, substantiated or not, are appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Blu

Screenwriter
I have this on VHS. I liked this movie a lot and would like to see a DVD release.

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
"Fandango" and "Quick Change" are two of my most desired "hidden gem" titles from Warner Bros. Unfortunately, the only word I've heard (via HTF chats and Studio Day reports) is that there are no plans to release them.

"Fandango" is a great little film: It's both loopy and heartfelt...and probably contains Kevin Costner's most inspired and energetic performance ever. Hopefully, whenever the "Fandango" DVD comes out, it will also include Kevin Reynolds' USC short film "Proof," which inspired "Fandango."

Oh, and if you liked "Fandango," you should also check out Reynolds' especially-timely war film "The Beast" (1988). Fortunately, that one that IS available on DVD.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, but I always see this in my theater.
"There's a Fandago loose in the building...Grrrrr".
:D

Grant Degs

Agent
I absolutely love the movie Fandango!!!!

It has been on my Unavailable on DVD list for a long

time and I hope it comes out in the near future.

When they try to piggyback on that train I just

laugh my ass off!!!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully when Fandango comes out (if ever) they will have the deleted scenes that were added to it the one time it was shown on NBC.

However, since there is a Spielberg connection, don't hold your breath.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I think it is one of Kevin Costner's best performances. I have always liked the movie because the time period of the movie is the exact time I graduated from college -- 1971.

I remember a lot of guys that were worried about being drafted after they graduated and the rest of us not knowing what we wanted to do for the rest of our lives.

EugeneR

Second Unit
A great little movie no one has ever heard of. I would also like to second Charlie's recommendation of "The Beast"--a very well-written war film about a Soviet tank that is separated from its unit and gets lost in the mountains and deserts of Afghanistan.

Joel Endicott

Auditioning
I just watched this movie last night on a crappy VHS tape and had forgotten just how great a movie it is. I can't believe that Warner Bros. hasn't released it on DVD.

For my money, this has to be one of the greatest "road trip" movies ever. How can you beat the scenes where they tie their car to the train, or the parachute school, or playing with fireworks in a cemetery. There are a lot of really cool visuals in this movie too. I love all the close-ups of the desert animals running around (not too unlike the characters in the movie).

And finally, the last 15 minutes of the movie is very heartfelt with no less than 3 Pat Metheny songs as the backdrop.

Come on, Warner Bros! Give us a DVD of this outstanding movie.

"Gimme 3 chili dogs and a malt"

joel

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the "Spielberg Factor" post. WB probably doesn't have too many choices on this one. But, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it did come out!

wally

Second Unit
Anyone crazy enough to go flying with Truman Sparks deserves having to pull the belly chute!
:D
I would buy this one too!

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I found the way to resurrect old threads from the dead!

Any news on this?

Mike

Cary_H

Second Unit
WOW.....all these fans of Fandango and not one picked up on the quote "ARRCCH, ARRCCH" I hung out in the Obscure References thread from the Afterhours Lounge.

Thanks Kelly.

Fandango is way up there on my "must have" DVD list, and this is from someone who has very little interest in building a sizable movie collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks