What's new

Has anyone here used Fandango? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking of buying tickets to Spider-Man at http://www.fandango.com (I'm sure you've all seen that horribly annoying and unfunny ad), and the theater I am going to is listed as one of the theaters that you can print your own ticket for.
Has anyone done this? Was there any problem or anything with it? It seems really sweet, actually, at least for major movie premieres like Spider-Man.
/Mike

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have used Fandango. I bought tickets for Lord of the Rings and was happy because the show was sold out by the time we got to the theater (still about 45 minutes early). There is a samll fee for using Fandango, about $1.50 I think. Well worth it if you MUST see the movie but don't want to stand in line several hours before the movie or if you can't pick up the tickets earlier in the day. Of course, you'll still want to get there early to ensure that you get the seats you want.

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
We have used them several times when we were worried about not being able to get tickets. The only time we had a problem was once their credit card processing system was shut down. We eventually called them and they couldn't help us.

I will use them again, though (and may do just that for Spider-Man).

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Michael, thanks for the link/

Seems like some people have had some problems, and for others it's worked great. I was mostly worried about problems with the theater accepting print-at-home tickets, and one person seems to have had a problem with that a few times... hmm... maybe I'll just buy the tickets online and get them at the theater.

/Mike

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I used them a lot when they were introductory mode and there was no fee. Now that they charge .75 a ticket I use them only occasionally - when I expect a crowd or I think I might be running late and want to bypass the box office.

I got the "print-at-home" tickets only once (the theater I go to most of the time doesn't support them). I ended up not using them - just went to the machine and punched in the number like always. Seems like a reasonable backup if for some reason they can't scan your self-printed ticket.

Just read that thread - all the Fandango terminals I've used were self-service. Never had a problem with them.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I have used Fandango once and was generally pleased. I didn't print the ticket at home (no lines to worry about). The question I have...that Craig kind of brought to light...if a theater is operating through Fandango and it announces that THAT theater allows print-at-home tickets, doesn't that theater HAVE to accept them? I usually use www.movietickets.com and that is the policy there. Only having used Fandango once, I could be mistaken on how it orders tickets and such but my assumption was that any theater that was linked to the Fandango site went by the stated guidelines.
Bruce

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i used www.movietickets.com to buy tix for spiderman. i got 4 tix for 2 dif times. movietix only charges $.50 a ticket fee. fandango charges $1.00 per tick.
also all you need to bring is the credit card you bought the tickets with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks