Anyone else use print-at-home movie tickets?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronJB, Dec 26, 2001.

1. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

For the first time a couple of days ago, I used Fandango's "print-at-home" ticket system. I rarely order tickets ahead of time (I just don't go when it's that crowded, I guess), but I thought it would be a good idea for "Lord of the Rings".

I walk into the theater - it's about noon on Christmas Eve. There's a few lines about 50 people deep looking to buy tickets for whatever was playing (it was a 18-screen theater).

I walked by all of them and simply gave the printed sheet of paper to the ticket taker, who scanned it. Tickets popped up, and I was able to go right in. The people in line behind me looked stunned and I had to explain how it works.

It's a very cool system, though. Hopefully it'll be in use at more theaters across the country soon.

2. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

we use it all the time, i hate standing in line [​IMG]
    the only downside is the tickets are non-refundable, non-changeable. so, for example, when I bought Harry Potter tickets for my kids on a Saturday and my wife then informed me I forgot about a birthday party they had to go to, I had to eat the ticket costs, go see the movie without the kids, or sell the tickets at the door.

3. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I've used the system once. The theater I went to was not equipped with the ticket scanner-you just showed the taker the printed page and he let your party in. I agree that it's a great innovation. Just sort of funny that the ticket didn't say how many tickets were paid for-the taker just took my word that 10 people were in my group.

Bruce

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The local theater doesn't support Print-at-home tickets. Basically, here, you charge them to your credit card through moviefone.com or whatever, and then they pop out of the ticket machine and you take them. I hope they support it soon, as it's just plain easier for me.