What's new

Face/Off - SE? (1 Viewer)

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have any whisperings as to whether we could recieve a Special Edition of Face/Off from Paramount anytime soon? I just rewatched it after about a year. Not that I'm complaining about the original release..(OAR, decent picture and sound) I'd just love to get a nice deluxe edition of this fabulously OTT movie.
If this is posted in the wrong place, then please let me know.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i always start a dogfight when i mention this, but i consider the original release a little subpar in the picture dept. Even on my small tv with 16:9 squeeze, I see WAY too much shimmering/edge enhancement on this title.
A good SE with a new transfer would be GREAT!

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I doubt it. Look at the studio involved. They don't have a track record of reissuing movies.
I agree that this movie needs a reissue though. I'd like to see it released with a full bit rate dts track and I will be happy.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I read a while back that this is coming out in R1 in July, but I haven't heard anything else about it since.

Is a Face/Off SE still in the works or has it been dropped?

Haden

Supporting Actor
An old release schedule list of mine also had the new special edition listed for release on 7/12, which obviously didn't pan out. So what happened to this rumored release? Any recent news? I couldn't find anything among old threads on the board.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm yet to get this, but would love a full on SE. I really liked the movie. Does anyone know what was supposed to be on the SE?

Haden

Supporting Actor
Didn't Fox confirm in their HTF chat earlier this year that it was coming in 2005, or was this strictly just a rumor?

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
That would be the first time Fox announced a title that was distributed by Paramount, I think.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I'm sure I read somewhere that this was rumoured for later in 2005, was on the proposed list of Paramount SEs for this year. Some of the others have been announced eg Titanic, Truman Show and Witness so there is hope.

Looking forward to this as I had the R2 UK release from Buena Vista which is cut hence I traded (however as 18 certificate may pass uncut if rated today). The Australian R4 from Buena Vista is however uncut.

Not sure if any special features would be shared though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks