What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-20-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--BTW, the following "Specials" listings for Best Buy and Target are good only through Wednesday, November 21 (unless otherwise noted). Then, the Black Friday craziness takes over!

--Best Buy has the following recent releases on sale this coming week (DVD Price/Blu Price): The Expendables ($3.99/$7.99), Secret of the Wings ($16.99 Combo Pack), That's My Boy ($9.99 DVD), The Sitter ($9.99/$12.99), Chronicle ($9.99/$12.99), Battleship ($9.99/$12.99), Act of Valor ($9.99/$12.99), The Dictator ($7.99/$9.99), The Godfather Collection ($19.99 Blu), Alien Anthology ($19.99 Blu), 6-film Rocky Collection (Blu $19.99), Lord of the Rings EE Trilogy $49.99 Blu), Indiana Jones Collection $49.99 Blu), Star Wars Complete Saga ($69.99 Blu), Star Wars: OT ($29.99 Blu), Star Wars: PT ($29.99 Blu), Bond 50 ($129.99 Blu).

--Looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises on Blu? Get a $5 off coupon for it )available 12-4-12) when you buy either of Best Buy's two EXCLUSIVE Blu-ray steelbooks: Batman Begins or The Dark Knight ($9.99 apiece). Coupon and proof of purchase receipt of the Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Blu-ray steelbook must be presented at time of purchase of any Blu-ray version of The Dark Knight Rises. Coupon only valid at Best Buy stores. Offer must be redeemed by 12-29-12.

--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on DVD & Blu-ray on sale this week:

$11.99: The Office: Seasons 1-4 & 7 on DVD (apiece), The Office: Seasons 5-7 on Blu-ray (apiece), Breaking Bad: Seasons 1-4 on Blu-ray(apiece), Burn Notice: Season 5 on DVD, House, MD: Seasons 1-7 on DVD(apiece), House, MD: Seasons 6-7 on Blu-ray(apiece), Justified: Seasons 1-2 on Blu-ray(apiece), Modern Family: Seasons 1-2 on DVD(apiece), Spartacus: Season 1-2 on DVD (apiece), The Walking Dead: S1 SE on DVD, The Walking Dead: S1 on Blu-ray.

$12.99: Archer: Seasons 1-2 on Blu-ray (apiece).

$14.99: Eastbound & Down: Seasons 1-2 on Blu-ray (apiece).

$16.99: Life/Frozen Planet Blu-ray two-pack (Best Buy EXCLUSIVE), Sons of Anarchy: S 1-3 on Blu-ray (apiece).

$18.99: The Walking Dead: S2 on DVD.

$19.99: Blue Bloods: S2 on DVD, Grey's Anatomy: S7-8 on DVD (apiece), Revenge: S1 on DVD.

$24.99: The Walking Dead: S2 on Blu-ray.

$29.99: Gilligan's Island: Complete Series on DVD

$39.99: The Three Stooges: Ultimate Collection on DVD.

$59.99: Band of Brothers/The Pacific SE Collection on DVD.

$84.99: The Gilmore Girls: Complete Series on DVD.

$119.99: Chuck: Complete Series on DVD.

$149.99: Smallville: Complete Series on DVD.

--And some Pre-Black Friday nice deals (available November 18 thru November 21):

$14.99 Blu-ray (Buy One Get One Free): 21 Jump Street, The Vow, Resident Evil: Damnation, The Pirates: Band of Misfits, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Underworld: Awakening. Check out the #SAVESTATION in the movie department for full selection of visit www.bestbuy.com/savestation.

$14.99 Blu-ray 3-D: Prometheus, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, I Robot, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Titanic, Immortals, Journey 2: Mysterious Island, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.

$19.99 Blu-ray 3-D: Madagascar 3, John Carter, Cars 2, The Lion King, PotC: On Stranger Tides, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Tron Legacy.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: A list of $1.99 DVDs (11-18-12 thru 11-24-12): Dinner for Schmucks, Scorpion King, Face/Off, Ray, The Rainmaker, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, American Wedding, The Mummy Returns.

--At Target this week, SAVE $6 INSTANTLY when you buy BOTH Santa Paws 2 and Condierella on DVD. Quantities limited. No rainchecks.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Looks like that's entertainment is now in slim cases.
I wonder what this new edition of The Point has as its now a "definitive" edition.
I think there was two versions, one with Ringo as the narrator and one with Dustin Hoffman.
Anyway that show scared the crap out of me as a very young kid when I first saw it.
Everyone's head was shaped to a point and one guy had three faces and kept spinning around to each face.
The dog was creepy too, his name was Arrow.
Also anyone who wants to see it free The Dust Bowl airs n PBS this week.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mike, on that list of 3D Blu-rays for $14.99 from Best Buy, do you know which Titanic is listed? The James Cameron movie or the History Channel special? I suppose it's too much to hope for that it's the movie, which would be a real steal.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mark-P /t/325283/weekly-roundup-11-20-2012#post_4002891
Mike, on that list of 3D Blu-rays for $14.99 from Best Buy, do you know which Titanic is listed? The James Cameron movie or the History Channel special? I suppose it's too much to hope for that it's the movie, which would be a real steal.

The movie: "Limited Edition 3-D." They only show the spine...but that wording is identical to the way its shown on the front cover.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mike Frezon said:
The movie:  "Limited Edition 3-D."  They only show the spine...but that wording is identical to the way its shown on the front cover.
And you are correct. The BB website is now reflecting that awesome price! I just put in my order for in-store pickup!

Clay_E

Second Unit
Does anyone know if this release of the Alain Delon version of ZORRO is the full, uncut version? The reviews from Amazon (all for old releases) indicate that the only extant versions seem to be rather butchered ones...

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
How about Grave of the Fireflies on Blu-ray? I have it on the way from Amazon for $16.99.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
There's got to be a joke in there....the BD version of Heaven's Gate is cheaper than the DVD version. :confused:
First prize is a ticket to Newark. Second prize is TWO tickets to Newark.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll have the review up for the Eclipse 37 box set later today. Criterion's Heaven's Gate hasn't come in yet, but I expect it presently. The Expendables 2 got sent to Adam instead of me, so it's having to cross the country before I can get a review up.

Thanks for the RoundUp!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Alright, here's a question for all the smart people: is there a way to add an item on Amazon to an existing order? I preordered the Cinderella 2 pack months ago and it has not shipped yet. Is there a way to add other items to that order? (This is going to be important later this week, according to my "ouch, my wallet hurts!" calendar.)

And regular business: Amazon is price matching the BB price on Star Wars...getting it. And maybe some of the 3D's at BB when I venture out today.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There used to be a way to do that but I don't think it's an option anymore.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/325283/weekly-roundup-11-20-2012#post_4002993
There used to be a way to do that but I don't think it's an option anymore.

The Amazon chat just told me you can't use free shipping and combine. I tried to change the shipping and then combine...no dice. So I cancelled Cinderella II and reordered with Star Wars. Enough of fooling with that.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This is the first post from the mobile version of the site I have made. Returned from Best Buy today. The Artist was on sale for $14.99 and was part of the BOGO sale. Breaking Bad S4 also rang up at $11.99 if anyone is interested. Love their 3D pricing this week. Tempted to go back and get I Robot but I am so backed up at the moment with 3D titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks