What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-20-2012 (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
RolandL said:
Best Buy has 68 3D titles for $19.99 or less. Last week it was 40.
38 of the 68 are $14.99.
Wow. Just a few months ago I gave up on expecting the prices to ever go down on 3D blu-rays and I bought several titles for around $24.99.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Adam Gregorich said:
This is the first post from the mobile version of the site I have made. Returned from Best Buy today. The Artist was on sale for $14.99 and was part of the BOGO sale. Breaking Bad S4 also rang up at $11.99 if anyone is interested. Love their 3D pricing this week. Tempted to go back and get I Robot but I am so backed up at the moment with 3D titles.
What's that now?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I already had about 8 or 9 of the Bond films on Blu-ray, so I've been picking up most of the new ones for around 10 bucks a pop when I see them. If I had any idea that the Bond 50 Blu-ray set would be available for 129.99 I would have waited. I seriously never thought it would ever go for less than 150.00.
Anyway, maybe its time to get into Breaking Bad!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/325283/weekly-roundup-11-20-2012#post_4003279
I put up the review for Eclipse Series 37: When Horror Came to Shochiku last night. It can be found here.

As far as actual new releases go, that's the only one for me this week. And for anyone who doesn't yet know, the Criterion/B&N sale has been extended to the 26th, at least at the two stores I most often frequent for in-store buying...though I can't imagine it wouldn't be chain-wide. I was happy to see the Eclipse get in under the wire.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Links to new reviews have been added to the OP:

Richard's review of Ken Burn's Dust Bowl and Matt's review of Eclipse 37.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
TonyD said:
This is the first post from the mobile version of the site I have made. Returned from Best Buy today. The Artist was on sale for $14.99 and was part of the BOGO sale. Breaking Bad S4 also rang up at $11.99 if anyone is interested. Love their 3D pricing this week. Tempted to go back and get I Robot but I am so backed up at the moment with 3D titles.
What's that now?
Go to the bottom of any page on a mobile device/iPad and you will see two buttons: mobile and desktop. The default is desktop, hit the mobile button if you want to try it.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Best Buy also has the following Blu-rays for $3.99 each:

Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
Gone With The Wind (single disc)

Keep in mind that most of these sales are only good thru Wednesday (11/21), and may change on Friday.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/325283/weekly-roundup-11-20-2012#post_4003324
Links to new reviews have been added to the OP:

Richard's review of Ken Burn's Dust Bowl and Matt's review of Eclipse 37.

Thanks, Mike. I'm working on Heaven's Gate today, but can't be sure if the review will go up tonight or tomorrow morning. It's a long movie. . . .

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The un-Cimino'dTM long version is on Netflix streaming in case anyone wants to watch it.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Adam Gregorich said:
What's that now?
Go to the bottom of any page on a mobile device/iPad and you will see two buttons: mobile and desktop. The default is desktop, hit the mobile button if you want to try it.

I don't see that choice on my phone.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr /t/325283/weekly-roundup-11-20-2012/30#post_4003573
I don't see that choice on my phone.

Yeah. Me neither.

I checked the home page, subscriptions page and a random thread page and couldn't find anything that seemed to offer such a choice.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think Adam created that for himself, no one else can see or use it.
:crazy:

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Mike Frezon said:
Yeah.  Me neither.
I checked the home page, subscriptions page and a random thread page and couldn't find anything that seemed to offer such a choice.
I couldn't find it either. I looked everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks