What's new

Extended Warranty (1 Viewer)

Kris13

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris N.
I purchased an extended warranty 4 years ago for my LCD tv. The tv has been deemed too costly to repair and the store has agreed to give me a new tv. However, they do not want to give me a tv of the same size they currently sell. They want to give me a tv that is no longer produced and no longer sells in the store.I'm thinking it's an old piece of junk. Are they allowed to do this? I would prefer to keep my old tv and have it repaired. Can LCDs even be repaired? The picture is distorted so you cannot watch anything.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The only time I bought and used an extended warranty was for a tv from CompUSA. The warranty was from a third party. When the tv was deemed non-repairable they gave me a gift certificate to the store for the full price of the tv including the sales tax.

Tv's are getting cheaper, not more expensive. I wouldn't accept anything smaller than what you had.

The details of the warranty and claims procedure should have been written down on some brochure or something explaining what would happen if the tv isn't repairable. Hold them to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks