What's new

Extant Season 1 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Saw episode 4 and it was boring as hell. 9 Episodes left? This will probably kill me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked to realize this was only episode 4 as well. Molasses on a cold day moves slower down the decline...

I'm already fatigued by seeing that rich dude after seeing him on Helix earlier a few months ago.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Glad to hear that the episode feeling slow wasn't just me!It feels like this thing could be wrapped up in another episode or two. Another six or nine to go? Wow.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I'm going to stick this one out for the long haul, for better or for worse.
That is to say, I'll give it a full season and then decide.
It's been slow but I'm hopeful it will have a decent payoff sometime soon.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Taken (the series produced by Spielberg) comes to my mind watching this. That was not very good. Have Spielberg produced any good sci-fi series?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I guess Louis Gossett is now the go to father figure to run to in a crisis, in any time period!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I actually found this week's to be slightly less boring/slightly more entertaining than the previous week's. YMMV.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think this is just one of those shows where now that I've started it, I'll probably be in for the rest of the season, but also probably wouldn't return for a second season. That's exactly what happened for me with "Under the Dome" - I had read and enjoyed the book, so I decided to give the series a shot last summer during it's first season. I didn't find it as completely awful as some people have, but I didn't think it was particularly good. And when it came back this summer, after a year had passed I realized that I just didn't care anymore, so I never started with the second season. It felt like "Under the Dome" had enough mystery and plot for one season, but I lost interest at the prospect of tuning in for a potentially never-ending show on the subject. I think that's how I'm feeling on "Extant" - good enough for a one-and-done summer watch, but not something that's making me interested enough in the characters or plot to sign up for a second season.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Episode 5: What on Earth Is Wrong? .......... with this series?!

Bad acting from many of the cast. I give it 4/10 but it probably deserves 3.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The correct title of this series is Extinct which does appears from time to time!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Could you please explain to me why the bad guy, Maury Sterling (Gordon Kern) suddenly is helping them?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
Could you please explain to me why the bad guy, Maury Sterling (Gordon Kern) suddenly is helping them?
It was because he was hearing voices or seeing visions as well. So, if they are lying about the first guy being crazy, what else are they hiding?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think I've officially lost interest and with fall premieres coming up I need to clear the decks on my DVR.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I haven't seen this week's yet, but the previous double episodes two weeks in a row really had me thinking that I just don't really care about anything that's happening. I just don't really buy any of it. And there's gonna be another season? I might finish this year's out since I'm almost there already, but I'm not coming back. I watched last summer's first season of "Under the Dome" but had no interest in picking it up again this year. It's too bad, I think both CBS shows had semi-decent premises that would have played better in a closed-ended format. I'd love to see CBS or another network do a great 10 or 12 episode miniseries with a really solid beginning, middle and end, attracting really good cast and crew who might not normally do TV but could be interested in a really spectacular "one and done" story. And I think that would be a really cool way to adapt a good book if they didn't want to do an original story.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've really enjoyed Extant. It's a paced show, clearly intentionally. I don't find it slow: a lot happens every episode. They're not dragging conspiracy details out Lost-Ian fashion. Significant reveals are given every episode. Compared to Terra Nova, this is more what I expect from Steven Spielberg on TV. The latter half, though has been more problematic. Halle Berry's Molly has become more an irrational mom screeching for "my baby!", setting aside her astronaut brilliance and willfully ignoring the obvious.But what really holds me in: Ethan. His story is the really heart of the show. The alien conspiracy is a distraction. Ethan's storyline is the best scifi on the complexities of artificial intelligence I've seen on TV since ST:TNG. And at it harks to "AI" doesn't hurt at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks