What's new

EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT: Twilight Time November/December 2014 Releases (2 Viewers)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Twilight Time said:
We don't know about *vocal* per se, but we do have a nice relationship with him and are releasing 3 of his films.
Salvador, Heaven & Earth and.... Talk Radio, the Hand or U-turn??
The others from what I remember have been released..

Unless we get a JFK theatrical cut with an isolated Williams score! :dancing-banana-04:

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Thomas T said:
Inherit The Wind, Birdman Of Alcatraz and Judgment At Nuremburg to replace the non anamorphic DVDs, Yentl because I've wanted Michel Legrand's gorgeous underscore for years but it's never been released and the TT isolated track will remedy that and possibly Flaming Star because I love it so much. For the rest, I'm content with mys standard DVDs.

Can anyone confirm that it will be the "roadshow" version of Judgment At Nuremburg with the overture and intermission? Hopefully Streisand's commentary on the SD of Yentl will be ported over but I doubt all the extras on disc 2 will be.
I've asked the same question about Judgment at Nuremberg on the TT Facebook page as the Roadshow version has an Overture, Intermission/Entr'acte and Exit music. Thus far no response.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Very Nice! 2014 has been amazing for Twilight Time. This titles have been spectacular.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
bgart13 said:
To be fair, that's a user at the other forum sharing it, not the site itself. And this person has a habit of never including links to where he gets his info from.
That's not fair. :)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Thomas T said:
Yentl because I've wanted Michel Legrand's gorgeous underscore for years but it's never been released and the TT isolated track will remedy that
Amen! Incredible score. I can't wait to hear the isolated track.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Another update for soundtrack fans, listing the Composers represented by this latest batch. A couple of welcome reappearances, but the overwhelming majority are golden/silver era vets and modern pop music cross-overs new to TT's collection):

[*]Birdman of Alcatraz - Elmer Bernstein (an overdue master, and this will be his first appearance in the collection)
[*]Judgement at Nuremberg - Ernest Gold (returning with back-to-back showcases via this and Inherit the Wind, previously represented by The Secret of Santa Vittoria)
[*]When the Wind Blows - Roger Waters (yep, that Roger Waters, with title song by David Bowie)
[*]Flaming Star - Cyril J. Mockridge with Irving Getz (the latter uncredited - both new to the collection - the former another seasoned pro making his first appearance)
[*]Bunny Lake is Missing - Paul Glass (new to the collection)
[*]The Twilight Samurai - Isao Tomita (yep, that Tomita, new to the collection)
[*]Yentl - Michel Legrand (new to the collection, and IIRC the first release of this score in its entirety)
[*]Funny Lady - Fred Ebb, John Kander, and Peter Matz (all new to the collection)
[*]Inherit the Wind - Ernest Gold (see Judgement at Nuremberg above)
[*]Heaven and Earth - Kitarô (new to the collection)
[*]The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - Rod McKuen (yep, that Rod McKuen, also new to the collection)
[*]The Fortune - José Padilla & David Shire (both new to the collection)
[/list]
One of the funkiest mixes yet of traditional and pop/avant garde composers. I wouldn't have bet on Tomita landing a TT IST before Morricone...but hey...guess that's just the way the titles fell...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
serious great line up, man this is continuing to be an impressive and a .... very........ expensive......... rewarding ...........year !

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
The Fortune is one of THE most underrated films of the 70s. So glad to see it not go the barebones Sony release. A true unsung classic.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
What a great batch. And I am honestly the most excited about When the Wind Blows. That's right out of left field for me, but what a delightful surprise!

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Twilight Time, did you license TWILIGHT SAMURAI from a US company or do you now have a deal with Shochiku?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Oh my god! YENTL! Thank you, Twilight Time. I will pay you top dollar for that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks