What's new

Press Release Twilight Time August/September Release Announcement (Updated) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.60860

Twilight Time has given us their revised release schedule for the month of August and September

THE PRESIDENT’S LADY (1953) BLU-RAY — August 20
WILD IN THE COUNTRY (1961) BLU-RAY — August 20
Reconfirming, now for September:
THE TALL MEN (1955) BLU-RAY — September 17
WHIRLPOOL (1949) BLU-RAY — September 17

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm ..... since both Tall Men and Whirlpool (both previously announced as August releases) have been pushed back to September, can I assume they are now the September releases and there will be no further TT announcements until they reveal an October slate next month?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
That would be very disappointing .

I wonder how thing are going at TT without Mr. Redman, and whether Julie & Co. will continue trying to acquire and release Blu-rays into the future. I recall Mr. Redman saying years ago that TT was never expected to last more than a few years, and I am wondering if these last months with fewer and fewer titles means that the company may be winding down. Hope not, but it has, after all, lost one of their major cornerstones. Nick and Julie were certainly giving us some amazing stuff that few of us ever expected to see in HD, and for that I am eternally grateful.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I wonder how thing are going at TT without Mr. Redman, and whether Julie & Co. will continue trying to acquire and release Blu-rays into the future. I recall Mr. Redman saying years ago that TT was never expected to last more than a few years, and I am wondering if these last months with fewer and fewer titles means that the company may be winding down. Hope not, but it has, after all, lost one of their major cornerstones. Nick and Julie were certainly giving us some amazing stuff that few of us ever expected to see in HD, and for that I am eternally grateful.
I sense that as well. Hopefully they will continue in Nick's honor.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Hmmm ..... since both Tall Men and Whirlpool (both previously announced as August releases) have been pushed back to September, can I assume they are now the September releases and there will be no further TT announcements until they reveal an October slate next month?

if there even is an October slate ........

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

I hope not too :( but all good things come to an end and with the loss of Mr. Redman perhaps the heart of TT is gone. After all the complaints about the recent Betty Grable transfers, I can see TT just throwing their hands in the air and saying, "Why bother anymore? It's just not worth it." What started out as a labor of love to put out some less commercial classic films out on DVD and later blu ray has fallen prey to the diminishing returns of physical media as well as, "Not at that price, I'll wait for a sale" mentality and let's face it, some titles (like Beloved Infidel for example) are still not sold out after years of being "on sale".

The demise of TT (if it is winding down, this is all speculation at this point) would be a major loss to collectors and leaves only Kino Lorber, Shout Factory, Arrow and Criterion to carry on but with Criterion moving on to streaming, how much longer will they continue to fund physical media ("Why buy it, I'll just watch it on the Criterion channel")?

Last edited:

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Criterion Collection has been streaming for years and is not about to stop releasing bluray et al. However, TT has indeed lost their heart and soul in Mr. Redman. His enthusiam and pride in what TT was releasing or about to release was quite evident on the TT Facebook page and well as other forums. His absence plus a changing industry landscape will surely make it difficult to carry on. I truly hope I'm wrong.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Being that Twilight Time is not a cooperation; but, rather, an intimate and tightly knit crew;
I suspect that their period of adjustment will be as equal to anyone else's who has ever faced such a personal loss.
And learning to do the work of an absent other has surely never been an overnight fix.

Without a doubt, everyone here is rooting for the continuation and success of Twilight Time;
but, IMHO, if it's forward that they are intending, then patience from our end may be required for many more months.

Last edited:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Per another web page. It seems logical this would be the reason. Replication facilities have been closing and it has effected production for everyone.

Here are the REVISED Twilight Time release announcements for August and September 2019, courtesy of the Home Theater Forum.

THE PRESIDENT'S LADY (1953) BLU-RAY -- August 20

WILD IN THE COUNTRY (1961) BLU-RAY -- August 20

THE TALL MEN (1955) BLU-RAY -- September 17

WHIRLPOOL (1949) BLU-RAY -- September 17

No new titles announced. I will update as more information becomes available. Looks like there were unexpected production delays on some releases.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I hope not too :( but all good things come to an end and with the loss of Mr. Redman perhaps the heart of TT is gone. After all the complaints about the recent Betty Grable transfers, I can see TT just throwing their hands in the air and saying, "Why bother anymore? It's just not worth it." What started out as a labor of love to put out some less commercial classic films out on DVD and later blu ray has fallen prey to the diminishing returns of physical media as well as, "Not at that price, I'll wait for a sale" mentality and let's face it, some titles (like Beloved Infidel for example) are still not sold out after years of being "on sale".

The demise of TT (if it is winding down, this is all speculation at this point) would be a major loss to collectors and leaves only Kino Lorber, Shout Factory, Arrow and Criterion to carry on but with Criterion moving on to streaming, how much longer will they continue to fund physical media ("Why buy it, I'll just watch it on the Criterion channel")?
I bought Beloved Infidel when it first came out and I don't regret that even though it has since been discounted. The film was slaughtered by the critics so it's not surprising that it has taken a long time for the disc to find appreciative buyers. For those who have not yet bought it: it's a superb disc with excellent picture quality.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Per another web page. It seems logical this would be the reason. Replication facilities have been closing and it has effected production for everyone.

Here are the REVISED Twilight Time release announcements for August and September 2019, courtesy of the Home Theater Forum.

THE PRESIDENT'S LADY (1953) BLU-RAY -- August 20

WILD IN THE COUNTRY (1961) BLU-RAY -- August 20

THE TALL MEN (1955) BLU-RAY -- September 17

WHIRLPOOL (1949) BLU-RAY -- September 17

No new titles announced. I will update as more information becomes available. Looks like there were unexpected production delays on some releases.

That was my first assumption. I would imagine low-number orders of 3,000 or less would receive last priority at the manufacturing plants.

But whatever the future holds, I am eternally grateful to Nick Redman & Co. for each and every TT release, past, present and future.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It's been a couple of years since I last bought a TT release (Cat Ballou), they're a wee bit expensive to import to the UK these days, but if a title that I really wanted came up, I wouldn't hesitate. I always check the new releases on a Saturday around the 20th (& at 8am in the UK). Sony (Columbia) titles have been a bit thin on the ground of late, but TT can only release what the studios give them.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
I bought Beloved Infidel when it first came out and I don't regret that even though it has since been discounted. The film was slaughtered by the critics so it's not surprising that it has taken a long time for the disc to find appreciative buyers. For those who have not yet bought it: it's a superb disc with excellent picture quality.

It is good but not good enough as it was released without English Sub-titles and without them I am totally lost.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It is good but not good enough as it was released without English Sub-titles and without them I am totally lost.
Are you sure? I've just looked at the cover and it says "Subtitles: English SDH"

Edit: I've now played the disc and there are definitely English language sub-titles. You're probably thinking of a different disc.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Absolutely but I didn't include WAC because they aren't a boutique label and unlike the others, they have a massive library and don't need to license titles from other companies.

I get that. But they have to choose which films to give us every month. Kinda counts for something.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger

Is Brian Jamieson no longer involved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks