What's new

EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT: Twilight Time November/December 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is fine news. Keep pumping out those United Artist classics, TT, Kino and Shout! Still a ways to go, but the home stretch is in view...

THE MIRACLE WORKER
JACK THE GIANT KILLER
THE DEFIANT ONES
THE MAGIC SWORD
DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
I WANT TO LIVE!
THE OFFENCE
ONE TWO THREE
TOM JONES
RETURN OF A MAN CALLED HORSE
WORLD OF HENRY ORIENT

...and about a dozen more major 60's -70's titles left to be Blu'ed. But already this is so-o-o much better than we're getting from Paramount or Disney. My hope is that, before the Blu format ceases to be a viable product some years down the road, I will be able to own all (or most) of my wish list catalog titles. Thanks to all of you studios and niche labels for continuing to fill the holes in our high-def collections!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Strong release slate here. I'm looking at 80% of these films. Might have to space them out, though.
Robert Crawford said:
Not strictly owned by Warner which distributed the film. Ownership is probably with one of the production companies associated with it.
I'm guessing that Regency Enterprises swapped its long-term licensing agreement with WB on some of its films with 20th Century Fox. Any word from TT?
Dick said:
This is fine news. Keep pumping out those United Artist classics, TT, Kino and Shout! Still a ways to go, but the home stretch is in view...

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
That's still with Warner Bros.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Wow, what a list of titles. I guess my family will be getting cheaper gifts this holiday season. I see about 8 titles I have to have and the rest I would not mind owning. Thank you Twilight.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Mr. Jingles said:
Looks like Home Theater Forum's exclusive announcement is being shared by the other forum without credit.Just sayin'.....
To be fair, that's a user at the other forum sharing it, not the site itself. And this person has a habit of never including links to where he gets his info from.

JustinFow

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Fowler
On their Facebook page, they stated that Mr. Stone himself wanted Twilight Time to put it out.

Mr. Jingles

Agent
Real Name
Alex
bgart13 said:
To be fair, that's a user at the other forum sharing it, not the site itself. And this person has a habit of never including links to where he gets his info from.
Fair enough. Can't understand why the guy doesn't crediting his sources. I would suspect this is a huge plus for Home Theater Forum to be given these exclusive announcements. It takes a thief to thief to pass that information as his own own or by posting "Courtesy of Twilight Time" when it's apparent he didn't get that information from them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JustinFow said:
On their Facebook page, they stated that Mr. Stone himself wanted Twilight Time to put it out.
Twilight Time:

Is this a one and done deal with Warner because Oliver Stone pushed it?

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Interesting that WB is starting to budge this year -- two licensed titles now.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Twilight Time said:
Hi Robert--yes, just to clarify the HEAVEN AND EARTH situation -- it was driven by Oliver Stone, and WB were kind enough to facilitate this "one-off" release -- it does not mean there are other WB titles in TT's future.
Thank you Nick for the fast response.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Some really great titles: Judgment at Nuremberg, Inherit the Wind, Bunny Lake is Missing, The Twilight Time etc.

They delivered again!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Twilight Time said:
Hi Robert--yes, just to clarify the HEAVEN AND EARTH situation -- it was driven by Oliver Stone, and WB were kind enough to facilitate this "one-off" release -- it does not mean there are other WB titles in TT's future.
Does this mean Oliver Stone is now a vocal supporter of Twilight Time?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Inherit The Wind, Birdman Of Alcatraz and Judgment At Nuremburg to replace the non anamorphic DVDs, Yentl because I've wanted Michel Legrand's gorgeous underscore for years but it's never been released and the TT isolated track will remedy that and possibly Flaming Star because I love it so much. For the rest, I'm content with mys standard DVDs.

Can anyone confirm that it will be the "roadshow" version of Judgment At Nuremburg with the overture and intermission? Hopefully Streisand's commentary on the SD of Yentl will be ported over but I doubt all the extras on disc 2 will be.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ok I'm in for:

Judgement At Nuremberg

Bunny Lake Is Missing

Flaming Star

But still no Thank God It's Friday or Skatetown USA ??

Drat , Drat...and it's Double Drat !!

DickDastardly1.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This is as stellar a line-up of classics announced at one time as I've seen in a very, very long time. I could not be more excited about these upcoming releases! Thanks up front for this great line-up of titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks