What's new

EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT: Twilight Time November/December 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The bulk of mine shipped today, but there's a second order that still hasn't gotten that lucky.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mark-P said:
Mine shipped on December 12th, and was supposed to be delivered today, but somehow ended up in Anchorage Alaska! I'm hoping it makes its way back down to me in the next day or two.
Wow. That's weird.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
JohnMor said:
Wow. That's weird.
Yeah. At first I thought they mixed up the tracking numbers and gave me one from an Alaskan customer, but then the scan shows it departed from Anchorage a day and a half ago so it must be headed somewhere. 2-day priority it ain't!

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
I watched "Yentl". I'm not entirely happy with the transfer. It ain't quite what it could and should be. The HD transfer was made for the DVD in 2009. It can't keep up with today's 4K scans. The main problem is the digital sharpening they applied. Not excessive but enough to add haloes to many shots and give the image too harsh a video look instead of a natural film look. C'est dommage. The added scenes of the director's cut look like work print material. Dirty and speckled. A proper rescan and clean up would not have hurt for sure. Sound is fine and supplements are plenty. Overall a must for Streisand fans even when there is room for improvement for the 40th or 50th anniversary edition.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Paul Rossen said:
Have you viewed the film yet? How is the sound and video as I thought the DVD was quite good.
I'm curious to read a review of Heaven and Earth in this site.
Apparently the Bluray has issues with pixelating, judging from some screenshots (and people confirmed that it is that way in the actual Bluray too).
I was looking forward to purchasing it, but I don't think I'll buy it now..

(modestly zoomed screenshots by another user at bluray.com)
D8K4UT7.jpg

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
That's bad. This is not a proper progressive 1080p image. The http://www.blu-ray.comreview stills show the issue too. Some early Warner 1080i sourced BDs used to have that problem as well. They were remastered in time. And this is a Warner title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks