What's new

Paramount+ Evil (Formerly on CBS) (1 Viewer)

Daalon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris Myatt Sr
Oh, my mistake! There is one more in January, For some reason, I thought that that was the season finale. According to Google, there is one more episode. According to IMDB.com there is a place holder for an episode 12 and 13. Not sure if it's wishful thinking or what. Never seen IMDB do a season like that before, so not sure.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe there are 13 episodes in the first season, and it has already been renewed for a second season (not sure how many episodes, but mostly likely another 13-ish).

Daalon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris Myatt Sr
Yes, this was the fall finale, not the season finale. More to come in January, and a second season has been ordered.
Oh, that makes more sense. Had not heard about season 2 being ordered already! That's awesome! Most shows I like never make it past season one, or once I find them, they get cancelled. hehe

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And Emerson's demon continues to keep his nasty fingers in a lot of pies that interact with our protagonists.
What stands out too is the vast range of his insidious enterprises, from the relatively benign (encouraging a grandmother to give bad advice to her granddaughter) to the catastrophic (grooming a mass shooter).

The thing is, he doesn't invent any of this evil wholesale. He takes the person as they are, and grooms and nurtures their very worst qualities.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up with the last three episodes of the series for 2019. Random thoughts....

2 Fathers - Nice to see Vondie Curtis-Hall in this episode. I can't remember the last time I saw this actor, but someone I've always enjoyed. They kind of left Esther's demonic birth hanging. (Man that scene creeped me out.) Or was it the Psilocybin in the sangria working on Kristen? Another example of how the show manages to leave itself some wiggle room.

Exorcism 2 - I thought that Sebastian (the incel being primed as a mass shooter by Leland) looked a lot like Edward Snowden. Maybe its just me. :) Enjoyed the fleshing out of David Acosta's background via Renee Harris' character.

7 Swan's A Singin' - I know it is unlikely, but I hope 'evil' Grandma gets busted soon. Maybe record her giving bad advice. Kind of getting tired of that particular plot element. Seems like when your daughter tells you that grandma counseled her to hit the bully, that you might take into account some of Grandma's other questionable behavior. We haven't see David Acosta's attacker previously, but we know that Leland is a threat, so I am going to assume some sort of connection.

Still getting used to the husband being back home. I haven't formed a strong opinion one way or the other on his participation. Just kind of going with it for now.

DId the show explain why Monsignor Korecki was replaced? If they did, I missed it.

Still enjoying the chemistry of the cast.

- Walter.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Talk about a frightening helplessness: stuck in a hospital with a psychotic nurse who has you at her mercy (shades of Kathy Bates in Misery but with the added weirdness of that particular hospital)!

A great episode to return with!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Talk about a frightening helplessness: stuck in a hospital with a psychotic nurse who has you at her mercy (shades of Kathy Bates in Misery but with the added weirdness of that particular hospital)!

A great episode to return with!

Yeah, that is the stuff of nightmares. I really had a difficult time watching this episode. Of course, David Acosta is presented as a pretty physically dominant individual (at least in terms of his size - not his temperament), so to see him in such a weakened state just makes the scenario that much more affecting.

Interesting that they continue to fill in the background of this series by introducing us to two supporting characters that have history with the 'team'. I expect we will see more of these characters, if only on an infrequent basis.

- Walter

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nosocomephobia is a pretty common fear, which makes sense: we associate them with disease and death -- and as a patient, we fear the loss of control that a hospital stay entails.

In the case of black Americans, that fear is especially well founded, with the Tuskegee experiments being probably the most infamous example. Even now, black patients are about 19 percent more likely to die or experience serious complications than white patients during hospital stays.

Yeah, that is the stuff of nightmares. I really had a difficult time watching this episode.
Somehow, David's drugged state made it even creepier -- knowing that real evil was afoot, but that David couldn't differentiate between what was real and what was a hallucination.

The hospital wristbands kept as trophies in Nurse Plague's locker was absolutely bonechilling.

I do wonder about the Asian woman he saw in his drugged state. Was she his subconscious, some sort of survival instinct cutting through the fog to give him necessary information in the form of the prophet Grace? Or was she an angel, the first intercession of the good guys in this cosmic battle between good and evil, using Grace's likeness as an avatar?

Of course, David Acosta is presented as a pretty physically dominant individual (at least in terms of his size - not his temperament), so to see him in such a weakened state just makes the scenario that much more affecting.
Absolutely. If it weren't Mike Colter in that bed, it wouldn't have had the same impact.

Interesting that they continue to fill in the background of this series by introducing us to two supporting characters that have history with the 'team'. I expect we will see more of these characters, if only on an infrequent basis.
It was neat meeting the woman Kristen replaced, and seeing the security measures she'd put in place. Clearly, working on that particular team takes its toll after awhile.

I guess my theory about the girl on Halloween being Rose390 was incorrect. In a way, knowing who was on the other end robbed Rose390 of a lot of what made "her" scary. The unknown is always scarier than the known, even if the known is a knife-wielding maniac.

Considering the extent of David's injuries, he should have a long road of recovery ahead. It'll be interesting to see if they play that process out, or go the usual TV route and have him back to 100 percent next episode.

Last edited:

Daalon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris Myatt Sr
As a chronic pain patient, myself, the part of him talking normal, but the words coming out mumbled was perfect! Back when I first was prescribed morphine for pain, it was very much like that when talking with my wife, at first. Of course, once your body gets used to medications, you're not as apt to be that bad. It is certainly very frustrating, at first.

Anyways, I completely agree that was an excellent episode to come back with! Really hope this series continues to grow in popularity, as it is one of our, wife and I's, favorite shows!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’ve only caught a few glimpses at this show, but it looks quite good. The first bit I saw was the second half of a “Bad Seed” type episode that was pretty stunning. I think I’ll finally have to sign up for CBS All Access for a couple months to see this and the couple of ST series they have.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That floor nurse seemed more evil than Nurse Ratchett (sp). Wonder if she has ties to Leland?

Was his "angel" the vision/hear God lady?

Truly a very entertaining series.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My gosh, David has certainly been put through the wringer during these past few episodes. I truly felt sorry for him.

And with this penultimate episode, the producers have definitely placed their show's point of view with a specific personification of evil. Bold move!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Caught last night's episode earlier today. Yep, David has had a rough time of it lately.

The episode kind of felt like it was setting the table for future events; putting things in place for a season finale cliff-hanger? For me, it felt a little unfocused. David's story thread was probably the strongest because there was a resolution.

Is there anything to Andy's bargain? Time will tell I suppose.

Not sure how I feel about that final reveal in the episode. The show's appeal (for me) has been its ambiguity and that scene did not feel ambiguous one little bit. :)

One more episode left in season 1 (in thirteen days).

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And with this penultimate episode, the producers have definitely placed their show's point of view with a specific personification of evil. Bold move!
The last 30 seconds or so of this week's episode were nuts.

Yep, David has had a rough time of it lately.
I appreciated that his storyline featured yet another example of real world, non-supernatural evil, with the whole situation being driven by the Rwandan genocide, and particularly the role of Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines's racist propaganda in the slaughter.

I also appreciated that David was still bandaged up from the injuries incurred in the stabbing and during his hospital stay.

Is there anything to Andy's bargain? Time will tell I suppose.
In a world that has supernatural evil, it stands to reason there would also be supernatural good.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
In a world that has supernatural evil, it stands to reason there would also be supernatural good.

We saw some manifestation of that when David was in the hospital. While we don't know the exact nature of the entity that guided David to the book of Matthew, it is safe to assume that it plays for the 'good' team.

With regards to Andy's bargain -

A) Is his daughter's miraculous recovery connected to his prayer?
B) If yes, then who or what was the instrument of his daughter's recovery?
C) Will someone or something intercede on Andy's behalf?

To Robert's point... Yeah, that was nice seeing Leland taken down a notch by Kristen after his horrible threats against her family.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To Robert's point... Yeah, that was nice seeing Leland taken down a notch by Kristen after his horrible threats against her family.

- Walter.
It was her coolness in doing so in which she didn't get emotional nor hysterical which is what Leland expected from a woman, but got something else in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks