What's new

Energy C1s (1 Viewer)

HongHuynh

Agent
Would Energy C1's make a good front RL speaker? Any idea how the enery line of center speakers are? I'm looking at getting the Axiom M22s and a VP150 center but the Energys are on sale so I'd like some opinions on them. Thanks.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
I spent some time listening to the C1s and C3s.

The C1s are clear and detailed, but a little harsh compared to the C3s. the C3s are rounder and fuller sounding and smoother (odd, considering they are supposed to share the same tweeter).

but the price difference was fairly large. $340 vs $550 CAD.

For stereo mains though, I'd have to give it to the C3. a much nicer speaker than the C1. I can see the C1s being good surround speakers when not asked to handle as much range.

Daman

Second Unit
I have my full setup of Energy except the sub and am amazed everyday by their quality :) I have 2 C3's at mains a CC1 as the center channel, Bipolar CR1's as side surrounds and 2 C1's as rear back surrounds. They shine even more in music and the center channel is awesome, i can turn the volume way down and still hear dialoges and whispers. There are 2 options for center channels in Connesieur series- the CC1 and the CC3, both are excellent.
Also would suggest you check out CR1's or CR3's for side surrounds instead of C1's though it would be your personal preference, i for one love the wrap around effect of bipolars.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
another few notes.

I'm a paradigm studio v.2 owner, but still really enjoyed the sound of the energy connoisseurs. I chose the paradigms over the energys, but now that the v.3 studios cost 20% more, I see the connoisseurs as fitting in a price bracket starting a bit below the studios.

I liked the energys more than the monitor lineup from paradigm, and have been checking them out for my new bedroom speakers. Definitely one to watch, and absolutely gorgeous in maple/silver.

I did find that my paradigm dealer was willing to drop more off of list than the local energy dealer though. shop around, listen, see what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.