What's new

electrical outlet? (1 Viewer)

JasonZ

Agent
im having my maintenance guy change my electrical outlet. i think i am better off going to home depot and buying one rather than letting him put whatever he wants in.
does anyone have one they can recommend? im not trying to spend a fortune, it's just an outlet. thanks for the input.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
If it's for a critical piece of equipment, maybe a Lutron with surge blocker fuses.
Is the electrical line going to the outlet 12 or 10 gauge with a 20 amp fuse in your main fuse box? If so, get a 20 amp outlet.
Dan
------------------
Boycott JVC, 5C, HDCP, DFAST, and stop the MPAA!! Call Or Write The FCC And Your State and Federal Representatives To Protect Quality HDTV And Other HD Media, And Your Constitutional Rights!

JasonZ

Agent
i really dont know the answer to your question. i live in an old (50 years) high rise apartment building. there are currently 2 prong outlets which is why i want to upgrade. dont know if that tells you anything...

KyleS

Screenwriter
Yes you do want to upgrade to a 3 prong so that you will have a ground. Usually if you buy them yourself they will cost you considerably less then what he will charge you for them.
KyleS

JasonZ

Agent
i cant seem to find lutron outlets anywhere.
can someone let me know where to pick one up?
online link maybe?
thanks!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Your Home Depot doesn't carry them?
Try Link Removed for a list of dealers.
Dan
------------------
Boycott JVC, 5C, HDCP, DFAST, and stop the MPAA!! Call Or Write The FCC And Your State and Federal Representatives To Protect Quality HDTV And Other HD Media, And Your Constitutional Rights!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I think I'm losing my mind! I should have said LEVITON outlets. Argh! Sorry, my bad. At least they're both in the electrical and lighting business.
Home Depot does carry that brand.
Link Removed
Dan
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks