What's new

Is there a ghost in my machine? (1 Viewer)

MickyLong

Auditioning
Real Name
Micky Long
My Denon receiver seems to have developed a mind of its own related to its on/off status. I'll turn it off (or I guess standby) and it often will do one of two things: 1. Immediately power back on the audio, which then takes a few attempts to turn it off or (and this is a bit more disturbing) 2. At night it will randomly turn itself back on. I assume it has something to do with the eARC connection to my Samsung smart TV but not sure exactly what to change. Other quick notes: Im using the TVs remote to power off the receiver but using my Comcast remote to power off the TV. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Anyone have any suggestions other than an exorcism?

Micky

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Something is probably going on with CEC, which is how one component can control another. It shouldn’t be related to ARC. Unfortunately I don’t have a solution since I don’t use CEC. Just to let you know where the problem is probably coming from.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Im using the TVs remote to power off the receiver but using my Comcast remote to power off the TV. Not sure if that makes any difference.
It could also be sticky or mis-programmed buttons on the remote(s). To quickly confirm or eliminate this possibility just remove the batteries from each of them, power on/off the devices manually and observe the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks