What's new

DVP-CX875P: any reviews? (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone own Sony's 300 DVD-megachanger? I haven't seen it at any local B&M's; J&R Music World is currently out-of-stock, as is Crutchfield.

Would love to hear a review, and where you found one...

Peace.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Angelo, the 'CX875P has been discussed here a bit in the past. Do a search. I saw one at a local Tweeter store last night, and it looks just like the previous 'CX860 and 'CX870D. It wasn't connect to anything, so I can't comment on performance.

JoeyB

Agent
I bought one last week at Audio King. They seem to be in quite short supply.

So far I love it. Picture quality is excellent, as are the features. Does have mildly annoying "feature" of loading up and playing last disc on power up. Disc explorer is nice, but a bit slow. Keyboard input is crucial for labelling discs. However, once you find the disc you want, it loads fairly quickly.

One other minor issue - on my GWII, the picture will jump between full and normal mode with anamorphic DVD's if there is any glitch in the data stream. I think related to scratches/dirt on the disc, as I was able to correct this problem on my copy of Monster's Inc by cleaning the disc.

It is a bit picky playing home - burned DVD's. So far, it has been able to play both DVD+RW and DVD+R media (Memorex and Imation), but many discs I have burned won't play in this unit, but play fine in my Samsung V1000. Playback is very dependent on burning software, and (I think) UDF version.

Tom Vet

Stunt Coordinator
I own 2 of them but control each with my the 300 + 1 Remote Control from my Sony CX-860.
These players are tops they have progressive Scan, can play most DVD-R or R/W, CD, VCD, MP3
GUI(Graphic User Interface) is available on player keyboard or PC keyboard to place your title on your TV/HDTV, while your editing title and genre. Easy to get into Service Menu (testing) title, clear, and power. 1/4 second layer change or less, flips disc to either see side 2 or pan and scam full frame. Color Black Remote that comes with it made for Tom Thumb, I use the above.

Electronic door opens to all discs, can be played in 3 formats, will adapt along closed captioning of your TV/HDTV for concerts to see what words the singer(s) is/are using. Many options too numerous for one post, I am very happy after 1 week, I bought a second off of www.wholesaleconnection.com for $399 + 15 shipping. I would buy another for Progressive Scan 'pic' is out of this world IMHO.

Bought about 2 years ago CX-860 and Cx-875 6 months ago. I just checked hours and minutes on both CD and DVD laser:
CD laser 3 hours------------------------------
DVD Laser 1125 R1 tests OK CX-860 300+1 I.L. ----------------------------------------------
CX-875 CD laser has 25 seconds on-------------
DVD laser R1 has 199 hours and 34 seconds on.
Region 1 all tests came back OK, using 860 875 rightious hack code, title, clear and power.
2nd CX-875 is in the closet still new. I only have 450 discs in collection. Extra CX-875 for when I fill up the first 875. :)

P.S. I use Radio Shack DVD cleaner disc that also has things like AVS for video and sound. I do other things with it, but I am not mentioning items or what can be done, unless you know what you are doing you could damage player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks