What's new

Question/concern about the Sony 83A90J: (1 Viewer)

nerdytvdude

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Patenaude
Hello,

So, I’ve been doing a ton of research for my next major TV purchase, which I will do once I finally get some peace of mind about my concern. I currently own a 55X850D (2016), which I still love, but everything I’ve read suggests the 83A90J will be a massive upgrade for me. Everything sounds perfect about it for me, except for the fact that due to its massive size and lower pixel density, that the image (contrast, depth, motion, and clarity specifically) will be inferior to the smaller 55” and 65“ sizes. I will be sitting at a distance of 6-9ft, which I’ve read is nearly perfect for this size. However, I’ve still seen some claims that even at the recommended distance that you’re still losing out slightly on some things. I know I’m being nit-picky, but I really want that giant size, but without the loss of the incredible experience that reviewers claim (most early reviewers had the 55” or 65”). I understand SD-res content may be rough, but most of what I consume is 1080p-4K anyway.

So now I ask, is there anyone here that’s had the pleasure of viewing all the A90J sizes, and can tell me if up close, or far away, if the 83” has any degradation of PQ quality in any aspect? And say if you had the chance to keep any size, which one would you keep?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks