What's new

Dvi (1 Viewer)

LorenzoD

Agent
Are there any DVD players on the market currently that have a DVI output? What about A/V and HDTV receivers?

Westly T

Second Unit
Wouldn't that cause a problem? Doesn't the signal on DVI have to be exactly the right format to match the physical array of pixels on a digital display device? I'm sure some new displays will be able to scale it, ones that are designed with DVI for HDTV reasons and copy protection, but the current ones were to bypass the analog signal conversion. The understanding I have is that the signal must be setup correctly on the computer or source device to match the display device. If this were the case a DVD player would have to have display settings to do this. The only DVD player I see having this for some time is the HTPC type.

Westly T

Second Unit
PS, My HTPC does have DVI because I used an ATI Radeon 7500, but unfortunately my projector does not have DVI.:frowning:

LorenzoD

Agent
I'm not really sure what you mean since this whole DVI thing is new to me...

I ask because the Sony KV-40XBR800 that was announced recently will have a DVI input. I was planning on getting the XBR700, but now I think I'll wait just a bit longer for HDTV.

While the main reason to have the DVI input is to be "future proof", I can't help but wonder if there's anything already (or soon to be) out there that can take advantage of this feature.

Maybe the unannounced HDTV receiver that Sony mentioned was in development will be what I'm looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks