What's new

DVI HD TV help? (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Gonzalez

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

I just purchased a SAT-HD200 High Definition receiver and was wondering about the DVI output.

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a Panasonic 53wx42 High Definition ready TV but it does not have a DVI Input.

I have less then a week to return the Panny for a HDTV with a DVI output. Is that something I should do? The Panny is a GREAT TV and I am VERY happy with it but I don't want to buy another TV in a couple of years just because all broadcast are now outputted through DVI.

Can anyone tell me the status of DVI? I would hate to return the TV if I don't have to but I will if I must.

All advice will be helpfull.

As always, Thanks.

Jimmy-

John-Miles

Screenwriter
To be honest no one really knows, some people are pushing dvi, others firewire, but if your box outputs component then i dont see you having a problem, this would really only be an issue if you had to have dvi to get a signal. also like many people ahve said they cant screw over millions of customers who jumped on HDTV early and dont have dvi. so personally i say relax and dont sweat it, if you like your tv keep it and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks